• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winco

Louie86

I have gone in the Winco in Moscow several hundred times with one instance where I was told I couldn't carry by an employee. I asked to see the manager and he stated it was fine and to go back to shopping. I have had several friends that have had the cops called on them(mostly by liberal college students,its right across the street from the University of Idaho) while shopping at Winco while OC'ing and the manager always said it was fine and the cops left.

Sorry about your bad experience I hope your letter to the CEO gets a clear answer.

TechStuffBC

I would have been more than happy to deliver the letter in person, OC'ing at that, to their corporate HQ.

AK47hero

while working

last week i had seen 2 OCers, 2 days in a row at my store. never run into one ocer, let alone two in two days. rare breed i guess

The Big Guy

Response from Winco.

I just received a phone call from Mike Read, Public Relations Representative of Winco foods. He let me know that they have had lots of contact about this issue and have come to the conclusion that we are welcome in their stores open carry. He told me that they really didn't like it but would not fight it. He said as a private property they have the right to prohibit firearms but that they would not.

TBG

Superlite27

What an excellent opportunity to thank them for respecting your rights and informing them that you will be recommending their business to friends and family who don't necessarily carry firearms such as yourself.

bowb

last week i had seen 2 OCers, 2 days in a row at my store. never run into one ocer, let alone two in two days. rare breed i guess

jugglzo,

Where are you located? I was in WINCO in Idaho Falls a couple times last week oc. I have never had a problem anywhere so far in IF.

AK47hero

nampa

[Nampa store

QUOTE=bowb;1771379]jugglzo,

Where are you located? I was in WINCO in Idaho Falls a couple times last week oc. I have never had a problem anywhere so far in IF.[/QUOTE]

The Big Guy

Returned

The wife and I, 5 kids in tow, returned to Winco this afternoon. No hastles what so ever. No comments, no looks, nothing but smiles, as it should be. Were in the store about an hour.
Looks like the word trickled down.

TBG

MUDDY

smile and say howdy

at least twice a month at your winco, OC'ing the twins with pride. say "hi" to the old guy with the beard and flannel. I was there the week before you posted this. twas probably me you saw. Never any negativity from winco in nampa. I only support business' who are 2A friendly. :cool: