• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone actually like Mitt Romney?

sudden valley gunner

Um, occasionally... ;)

Sorry. Yes I do, but I prefer to share ideas and I often ask questions that I hope will let us all think beyond what we understand today.

You'll notice that I have never said that you were wrong, I have been pushing the conversation to places it might not have otherwise gone. I enjoy lively discourse, "Iron sharpens iron."

Thanks!

I do the same, it's interesting to try to get to the reason why people think or feel like they do, often you find it has nothing to do with personal reflection or meditation, or even independent thinking.

And as far as the OP topic, no I don't like Romney and I will not vote for him.

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
John Quincy Adams

Last edited:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
I've never actively supported Romney, although I DID predict, almost from the start, that he would be the Republican candidate on the November ballot. I see him as Obama light and a danger to the country. I just don't think he's quite as big a danger as Obama. That's the ONLY reason he'll get my vote.

davidmcbeth

Banned
. I see him as Obama light and a danger to the country. I just don't think he's quite as big a danger as Obama. That's the ONLY reason he'll get my vote.

So you are going to vote for a candidate that you think is a danger to my country? That's nice.

I vote my party. Because my views mesh with my party's.

Last edited:

Jay Jacobs

I voted for Ron Paul in my states primary, I'll vote ABO in November. I have no illusions about Romney.

I'm dreaming of course, as we've probably already passed the point of no return, but I'd like to see a clean sweep of ALL incumbent/career politicians in congress.
Congressional term limits, a dramatic across the board downsizing of federal government including but not limited to the elimination of the dept of Ed, dept of energy, HUD,Dept of Ag, national endowment for the arts , the repeal of Obama Care, a line item veto, the closing of most foreign bases not funded by the other nations we're protecting, elimination of virtually all entitlements for everyone but wounded veterans, elimination of ALL foreign aid, guarded borders, elimination of ALL congressional pensions and perks and an unfettered 2nd Amendment just for starters. I could go on...but what's the point?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I can't stand Romney, he's another mushy RINO that will continue the drug war, maintain homeland "security", and spend a little less than the democraps. He won't work to promote freedom on his own.

However the hatred I harbor for the moonbat messiah is hotter than all hell but it keeps me warm...

Obozo is the greatest evil our nation faces. All of the forces who seek to destroy western civilization and bring about a global marxist collective have an ally in Baroke Owebama. He absolutely must be defeated in this cycle. You can't defeat evil by kicking it in the kneecaps. You decapitate it and work your way down.

We can defeat the lesser of the 2 evils in 2016.

I hope we're all paying attention to the local and state elections, as well as the legislative ones. Another 2010 style b!tch slapping of the democrap party will ensure Romney does not get any legislation to sign that will be offensive, and he'll be under political pressure not to piss off the people who voted.

Just my 2 pesos.