• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

first time ocing today

jrshine25

Well today was my first time ocing today went a lot more smooth and calmer then excepted. I guess more people are opening up to oc didn't even really have any double takes. Would like to say I'm pleased with the curtisy from the security at aldi's on 23rd and Scott in Independence Mo. Stoped there on my way home to grab a couple things and the guard stopped me at the front door we had a breif talk about oc he called the commanding officer just to make sure I was right and could carry. He responded very quickly that he was sorry for the inconvenience and I can shop as often as I like. We got too talking about the website and said he would have to check it out and to let all the other ocers out there know they are more then welcome to shop at aldi's they have no problem as long as its legal in that city to do so. If anyone knows of any other oc friendly places in the Independence area please let me know. Thank you all again for helping out the new guy.

kylemoul

That was a positive encounter. We all know there are a lot of "jumpy" security guards out there.

jrshine25

Ya he was at first until we talked about oc he didn't even know it was legal in independence but at least a positive way to break the ice for me

Jim40Cal

I Open Carry every where I go in Independence. The only place I have had trouble is Richard's Sunfresh which is now Constantinos. An employ at Richards told me after shopping there for 20 years my gun wasn't welcome. I tried calling Richards and sent a letter but never heard back..I haven't been back since..

jrshine25

Is that the one on the corner of 23rd and stearling. If so I will not be returning there as well have also shoped there for years.

Jim40Cal

18001 E. 24 Hiway formally Richards Sunfresh. Next door to Kentucky Fried Chicken...

I don't know if Constantinos allows Open Carry or not. I think I read once where they didn't. I go to Apply Market, Thriftway as well as Hy-Vee & Aldi's. They have been very friendly with me...

Jim40Cal

Went to O'Reillys (23rd & Lee's Summit Rd) and one of the clerks said: "I didn't know you could open carry your weapon" I have open carried in there ,many times. After educating him I left and went to Apple Market (Christman Plaza) where the check out clerk (Very Young)said the same thing . I also educated him along with a few waiting in line.Very good nite I would say.....

jrshine25

That's good to know about o'rielys seeings how I work on seems like everyone I know's car. I had lunch at burger king on 23rd street and stopped by aldi's again no problems. Are walmarts in the area open friendly if so witch ones.

At jim40cal. Thanks for the update thanks for all the help keep the updates coming it helps to know were we aren't singled out and are welcomed.