Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro-Gun Banks?

Pro-Gun Banks?

While it may have been discussed or mentioned at some point, I havn't seen it. I am currently a Wells Fargo patron and have had no issues OCing there. I would however be interested in a bank that makes a point to welcome a firearm on their property. Obviously not necessary but I was just curious if there are any in hampton roads that have a pro-gun sign???? Thanks
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

I bank with Chartway and OC into their branches as well as the locations inside farm fresh. I am always welcomed. No mention has ever been made.
    Mud Blood and Oil with a great dane along for the ride!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    My Capital One Bank allows it.. and publicly, Apple Federal Credit union has welcomed carry.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Truth be told, I'm more interested in the fact that a bank is not overtly anti than whether or not it goes out of the way to welcome me and my handgun with open arms.

It's nice to know that some banks publically allow open carry, although I'm not sure exactly what that means - a sign saying "Guns Welcome"?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Truth be told, I'm more interested in the fact that a bank is not overtly anti than whether or not it goes out of the way to welcome me and my handgun with open arms.

It's nice to know that some banks publically allow open carry, although I'm not sure exactly what that means - a sign saying "Guns Welcome"?

stay safe.
    Interesting thought

I bank often with Chartway inside farmfresh, I never had a problem. One of the guys that works there has firearms and shoots comp's. I never banked inside a "bank building" and never had a reason to.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

stay safe.

How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sp0109.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	8577

Nice to see signs telling me what thery and I already knew. But that's just saying they know better than to violate the law.

Where's the confetti and the coupon for a new blender?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Funny how this establishment thinks they recongnize the Constitution when they are only allowing Concealed Carry. I guess the shall not be infringed part is for concealed carriers only....
    Last edited by Marco; 06-08-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

I've OC'd regularly in Wells Fargo and BoA branches. Not sure if Suntrust counts, as it's just a counter in Safeway.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    I've OC'd regularly in Wells Fargo and BoA branches. Not sure if Suntrust counts, as it's just a counter in Safeway.
    I think it was the VCDL posted about Suntrust, and one member here? not sure. Who open carried into a Sunturst, a hooded man came in and saw the OC'er and ran out.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Union First Market is always very happy when I carry there.

I think that I freaked 2 customers out though yesterday....
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

PNC OC is OK

PNC bank allows OC in their stand-alone brick-and-mortar branches as well as the grocery store branches too. I don't know if it is posted, but I know that they don't have a problem with OC.
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Well you would think anything with the word "UVA" would be anti... However I have OC'd at my bank UVA Community Credit Union and I have never had any issues.
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Union First Market is always very happy when I carry there.

I think that I freaked 2 customers out though yesterday....
    Jim,

It was not the gun.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

I'm not sure how many Suntrusts you guys have in Virginia, but I've never had a problem in any of them around here. All of the other ones I know of are local banks or credit unions.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Jim,

It was not the gun.

stay safe.
    Had to be.

I showered that day.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    Funny how this establishment thinks they recongnize the Constitution when they are only allowing Concealed Carry. I guess the shall not be infringed part is for concealed carriers only....
    That's a bank in Chapell Hill, Texas. It's not the bank's fault their customers can't open carry on the premises.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I'm not sure how many Suntrusts you guys have in Virginia, but I've never had a problem in any of them around here. All of the other ones I know of are local banks or credit unions.
    I was OC in my local Suntrust today and the only comments I heard was the female staff there saying "aww isn't he cute", so I said "well thank you, you're gonna make me blush" and they laughed "we were talking about your boy" as they pointed at Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by hirundo82 View Post
    That's a bank in Chapell Hill, Texas. It's not the bank's fault their customers can't open carry on the premises.
    Silly me, thinking this was/is a VA establishment since it was posted in the VA fourms.
    Thanks for clearing that up... you folks in TX need to get that changed!!!!!
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

stay safe.
    I'm going to necro this thread/post becasue it has become relevant.

Banks are starting to attack pro-human-rights organizations by closing processing and accounts without notice if your lifestyle/business differes from their political interests.

It does matter if a bank openly profdesses pro-gun policies. Those who don't can turn on you without notice caiusing total catastrophe; which is why they do it.

Where my money and income are concerned, I'm not going to roll the dice on a maybe bank. This has become a national issue, even if this is the VA thread.

Moving on to cryptocurrencies is like pushing wet spaghetti up a hill with your nose... The unwashed mases still beleive the FUD and propaganda against them.
    Last edited by ixtow; 08-08-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

"Operation Choke Point" has pretty much been allowed to die the death it deserves. DOJ ran afoul of Treasury and Commerce and probably another two or three other Cabinet agencies.

But that does not mean you no longer have a reason for pulling your money out of a bank that agreed to go along with the program.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    -sniped--........ like pushing wet spaghetti up a hill with your nose... The unwashed mases still beleive the FUD and propaganda against them.
    Once again you prove useful

This is decidedly easier when things are going downhill.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan7068 View Post
    While it may have been discussed or mentioned at some point, I havn't seen it. I am currently a Wells Fargo patron and have had no issues OCing there. I would however be interested in a bank that makes a point to welcome a firearm on their property. Obviously not necessary but I was just curious if there are any in hampton roads that have a pro-gun sign???? Thanks
    I bank with Wells Fargo, and I made it a point to have the branch manager confirm with his regional manager that OC was fine pursuant to state law. He confirmed, and I moved all of my accounts there.

So, they're not necessarily pro-carry, but they have a policy in place explicitly allowing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast