• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-Gun Banks?

Marco

That's a bank in Chapell Hill, Texas. It's not the bank's fault their customers can't open carry on the premises.
Silly me, thinking this was/is a VA establishment since it was posted in the VA fourms.
Thanks for clearing that up... you folks in TX need to get that changed!!!!!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Truth be told, I'm more interested in the fact that a bank is not overtly anti than whether or not it goes out of the way to welcome me and my handgun with open arms.

It's nice to know that some banks publically allow open carry, although I'm not sure exactly what that means - a sign saying "Guns Welcome"?

stay safe.
I'm going to necro this thread/post becasue it has become relevant.

Banks are starting to attack pro-human-rights organizations by closing processing and accounts without notice if your lifestyle/business differes from their political interests.

It does matter if a bank openly profdesses pro-gun policies. Those who don't can turn on you without notice caiusing total catastrophe; which is why they do it.

Where my money and income are concerned, I'm not going to roll the dice on a maybe bank. This has become a national issue, even if this is the VA thread.

Moving on to cryptocurrencies is like pushing wet spaghetti up a hill with your nose... The unwashed mases still beleive the FUD and propaganda against them.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"Operation Choke Point" has pretty much been allowed to die the death it deserves. DOJ ran afoul of Treasury and Commerce and probably another two or three other Cabinet agencies.

But that does not mean you no longer have a reason for pulling your money out of a bank that agreed to go along with the program.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
-sniped--........ like pushing wet spaghetti up a hill with your nose... The unwashed mases still beleive the FUD and propaganda against them.
Once again you prove useful :)

This is decidedly easier when things are going downhill.

Lyndsy Simon

While it may have been discussed or mentioned at some point, I havn't seen it. I am currently a Wells Fargo patron and have had no issues OCing there. I would however be interested in a bank that makes a point to welcome a firearm on their property. Obviously not necessary but I was just curious if there are any in hampton roads that have a pro-gun sign???? Thanks

I bank with Wells Fargo, and I made it a point to have the branch manager confirm with his regional manager that OC was fine pursuant to state law. He confirmed, and I moved all of my accounts there.

So, they're not necessarily pro-carry, but they have a policy in place explicitly allowing it.

CoryB

I use Virginia Commonwealth Bank for my business account. They're very welcoming when I stroll in there OC'ing. I made sure the bank was gun-friendly before I opened the account - being a gun store and all - and the Manager's only request was that the tellers see me once or twice so they would recognize me before I came in OC.

I really like the bank - they know me by sight and even address me by my name. I never got that at Wachovia/Wells-Fargo despite using the same branch for many years.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
"Operation Choke Point" has pretty much been allowed to die the death it deserves. DOJ ran afoul of Treasury and Commerce and probably another two or three other Cabinet agencies.

But that does not mean you no longer have a reason for pulling your money out of a bank that agreed to go along with the program.

stay safe.

Operation Choke Point is not dead. Many Financial Services are still enforcing it of their own volition. I've not yet personally experienced it, but I've been lucky and kept head. Two processors I suspected of turning against me, did so, only days after I replaced them. I only got lucky by staying ahead of them.

The new game is favoritisim. Those still pushing the "official dead but still in use" agenda are given leniency in defrauding their customers. Thsoe who are not towing the line are being leaned on.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I bank with Wells Fargo, and I made it a point to have the branch manager confirm with his regional manager that OC was fine pursuant to state law. He confirmed, and I moved all of my accounts there.

So, they're not necessarily pro-carry, but they have a policy in place explicitly allowing it.

Wells Fargo is second place only behind BoA in carrying on with Operation Choke Point even after it's official death. They back Stripe. I'm dumping them immediately, becasue I've seen what they do to people who think the 2nd Amendment is a good idea.

I was about to buy a Tesla Model S, and to protect my investments elsewhere, I was considering a loan of drastically lower interest than the margins to be made on the investments. Wells Fargo approved me. I cancelled the deal. The interest alone was more than most people spend on a whole car...

They want to appease the individual customers and keep your money there, because they are receiving leniency in exchange for continuing to enforce Operation Choke Point of their own volition. The more gun owners they can screw, the better... If you're in business tho, watch out. Banking there is screwing your LGS.

Last edited: