• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good performance polo?

DWCook

Activist Member
I am needing to pick up a few good performance polo's that I can wear as I open carry. I prefer to wear them tucked in jeans as it looks more professional image wise. I have been looking around and just figure I ask you guys here whats your take on them. I been looking at the 5.11 Tactical Short sleeve synthetic knit Performance Polo's (aka the shiny ones), they have good reviews. I am just concerned as other polo's that I have bought have either shrunk or look like complete ass after being washed several times. I am a 5.11 fan as far as products go, but wanted to see what you all think of there Polo's. I know LEO's buy them for duty wear, but like said figure I ask.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Prod...rmance-Polo-Short-Sleeve-Synthetic-Knit.html#

I also looked at the Under Armour brand too when it came to performance Polo's. I just need your opinions on these two brands as far as the polo's goes.

The wrinkle free, shrink free, and snag free, a long with other things make these tempting (5.11).

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
But what about the house brands from Gall's, or Brigade Quartermaster, or even Haband's?

Or does the label make that much of a difference? Seriously, you come across as close to a spambot shilling a certain product.

stay safe.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
For good quality go to LLBean and don't worry about having a recognizable logo on your chest.

DWCook

Activist Member
Considering I have gone through several brands of Polo's I was just asking a simple question between two different brands. I am just tired of paying $40 for a single polo shirt and then it ends up only lasting a year and then the shirt looks like total crap after a year.

DWCook

Activist Member
But what about the house brands from Gall's, or Brigade Quartermaster, or even Haband's?

Or does the label make that much of a difference? Seriously, you come across as close to a spambot shilling a certain product.

stay safe.

Never even heard of those brands when it comes to Polo shirts. LLBean I know of and a few dozen others, but never heard of Gall's, Brigade Quartermaster, etc.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Never even heard of those brands when it comes to Polo shirts. LLBean I know of and a few dozen others, but never heard of Gall's, Brigade Quartermaster, etc.

Maybe because you are looking for brand name recognition instead of value? Notice you did not look them up and then come back complaining about what a rip-off you think they are.

stay safe.

since9

Campaign Veteran
When it comes to most shirts, I'm a huge fan of 100% cotton. This is what I've done since college:

- turn them inside out before washing

- use about half the soap called for on the side of the box of soap (they're trying to sell soap - of course they're going to "recommend" you use about twice what you really need)

- wash in cold water, gentle cycle

- hang dry

- to remove the final wrinkles, toss in dryer with a damp washcloth on medium for about 10 min.

DWCook

Activist Member
I wasn't stating any of the brands listed as being a rip off by any means, don't know how that got put into play. Anyways, in short I have bought Polo's from JCPenny's, Wally World, numerous other department stores and I wash them on cold and then hang dry them. But still after about a year the damn shirt shrinks and tightens up to where I cant even tuck it in or comfortably wear it. I bought some blended Cotton and Polyester Polo's to try out and see if these work any different, was told they barely shrink. If they work then I can just buy Cotton/Poly mix Polo's for now on.

Last edited:

IOP

I wear cherokee polo shirts from target there about $13 I've them for 5 or 6 years and they still look new.