Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to OC

New to OC

Just wanted to stop and say hi. I'm new to open carrying and I'll be openly carrying for the first time tomorrow in Beaver Dam. Wish me luck.

Glad to see Walker won as well.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Welcome and enjoy the freedom. No luck needed as the police know OC is legal.

If you want someone to carry with, go here. Also, brush up on the law if you haven't already.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Well where I live nobody open carries so I don't know how civilians will take to it hence the wish me luck. I live in a pretty "redneck" area so I'm sure people won't mind....

Quote Originally Posted by fadepoint89 View Post
    Well where I live nobody open carries so I don't know how civilians will take to it hence the wish me luck. I live in a pretty "redneck" area so I'm sure people won't mind....

There are a couple of people who carry in your area, but their names escape me at the moment. I carried in Portage a few weeks ago with no issues.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    .... I live in a pretty "redneck" area so I'm sure people won't mind....
    Believe it or not, you don't have to be a redneck to support and exercise your right to keep and bear arms.... I usually wear shoes.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

I've OCed in Portage before

Haha I didn't say only rednecks support guns but a vast majority of them do. I'm sure there are CCs but I haven't seen one OC so I wouldn't doubt if I'm the first in the area. Portage is a lil ways southwest of me. I'm about 10 minutes north of Beaver Dam

I'm sure there are CCs but I haven't seen one OC so I wouldn't doubt if I'm the first in the area.
    I'm pretty sure I OC'd in Beaver Dam before, don't remember exactly but I think I might have only stopped there for a bite to eat.

I think someone else is from there that OC's but I don't remember who.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I believe Charles Brey lives around there and he ocs.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I live in Beaver Dam but I don't open carry (just concealed), but depending where I am going I often don't make much of an effort to conceal. I don't usually worry about "printing" or any of that stuff unless I'm going somewhere like a bank.

FYI, so far the only places I've seen in BD that are posted "No Weapons" are the hospital, Applebees, and Pizza Hut. I'm sure there are other places that are posted but I haven't discovered them yet.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Blast Chamber View Post
    I live in Beaver Dam but I don't open carry (just concealed), but depending where I am going I often don't make much of an effort to conceal. I don't usually worry about "printing" or any of that stuff unless I'm going somewhere like a bank.

FYI, so far the only places I've seen in BD that are posted "No Weapons" are the hospital, Applebees, and Pizza Hut. I'm sure there are other places that are posted but I haven't discovered them yet.
    Wisconsin is an open carry state and so there is no such thing as 'printing'. Indeed, the primary benefit of Wisconsin's CCL is removing the anxiety of inadvertently covering an openly carried gun.

Please do not give the gun-controllers, from the right or the left, any ideas about making open carry illegal or concealment required under any circumstances.

well how'd it go?

Haha I didn't say only rednecks support guns but a vast majority of them do. I'm sure there are CCs but I haven't seen one OC so I wouldn't doubt if I'm the first in the area. Portage is a lil ways southwest of me. I'm about 10 minutes north of Beaver Dam

I've not OC in Beaver Dam but have in Waupan at the Culver's back a few years ago when I was passing through. Nobody even blinked an eye and it was busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Wisconsin is an open carry state and so there is no such thing as 'printing'. Indeed, the primary benefit of Wisconsin's CCL is removing the anxiety of inadvertently covering an openly carried gun.

Please do not give the gun-controllers, from the right or the left, any ideas about making open carry illegal or concealment required under any circumstances.
    Well, how about you carry how you want to carry, and I'll carry how I want to carry, OK?

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blast Chamber View Post
    Well, how about you carry how you want to carry, and I'll carry how I want to carry, OK?
    FWI, DOUG/MASTER DOUG/HERR HECKLER HUFFMAN/ is an elitist who believes rules are for the underclass. He (and his countless aliases) have been banned from this site by the owners, yet here is another example of his lack of honesty or honor.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Well apart from the random debate that just sparked up, I finally open carried for the first time today. OC'd into Fleet Farm to buy some more ammunition and a soda and gum. Didn't get any dirty looks, no one talked to me either. I did notice a kid about 10-13 stop walking and do a double take but then just continued on. Fleet Farm says it welcomes concealed carry so just a heads up. Summit Credit Union over by Wal-Mart is also NOT posted. So far Beaver Dam has been stress free.

Quote Originally Posted by Blast Chamber
    so far the only places I've seen in BD that are posted "No Weapons" are the hospital, Applebees, and Pizza Hut.
    I'm sure there are other places that are posted but I haven't discovered them yet.
    The library is, though they have one of those weasel "we can't guarantee your safety" type signs.
    As if that's going to protect them after they give up their liability...
    I have a picture of the sign still on my camera.

I was up there not too long ago to pick up something from Charles, had some time to kill, & needed a toilet, so told my GPS to find the library. Nice little place, though parking is a bit awkward.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.

McX
    Well apart from the random debate that just sparked up, I finally open carried for the first time today. OC'd into Fleet Farm to buy some more ammunition and a soda and gum. Didn't get any dirty looks, no one talked to me either. I did notice a kid about 10-13 stop walking and do a double take but then just continued on. Fleet Farm says it welcomes concealed carry so just a heads up. Summit Credit Union over by Wal-Mart is also NOT posted. So far Beaver Dam has been stress free.

carry on, carry often, carry out!

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    The library is, though they have one of those weasel "we can't guarantee your safety" type signs.
    As if that's going to protect them after they give up their liability...
    I have a picture of the sign still on my camera.

I was up there not too long ago to pick up something from Charles, had some time to kill, & needed a toilet, so told my GPS to find the library. Nice little place, though parking is a bit awkward.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the library; thanks for adding that. The parking situation there does leave something to be desired, especially when the middle school across the street is letting out for the day.

Fleet Farm would probably be my first choice for open carrying if/when I ever decide to do so. Years back I worked for an armored car company in the Madison area and (of course) open carried as part of my job. You should have seen some of the dirty looks I got from people there even though I was in uniform.

McX
    another "I love gramma' tale to tell:
    go across the street to get some smokes. old gramma ahead of me, girl clerk is waiting on her, OC'er other clerk next to her, someone i must have inspired, anyway, old gramma looks at him and says: He got a gun there. then looks at me and says: You do too. Got my change, and left, didnt get to hear if there was any thing else.

carry on, carry often, carry out.

Campaign Veteran

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Stopped at DePere culvers, the new one by walmart, and after having a lovely double bacon deluxe (mmmmmmmmmmmmmm) I went back to the counter for dessert. A lady behind me steps up beside me to order, and smiles, we exchange hello's, and she says "nice shirt". LOL, I was wearing my tie dye with John 15:11 on the back, so I guess I'm not bummed that it trumped the Glock. lol.

Frozen custard.....mmmmmmmmmm

Just carry, period.

Quick update. Just OC'd again at the Kwik Trip in Fox Lake. Pretty much everyone there noticed but no one looked mad or freaked. One guy came up to me as I was leaving and said: ahhhh concealed carry? I just smiled and said no its open carry. He then asked if you need a permit for that and I replied no and he shrugged his shoulders and went on his way. I'm starting to like this more and more.

Quick update. Just OC'd again at the Kwik Trip in Fox Lake. Pretty much everyone there noticed but no one looked mad or freaked. One guy came up to me as I was leaving and said: ahhhh concealed carry? I just smiled and said no its open carry. He then asked if you need a permit for that and I replied no and he shrugged his shoulders and went on his way. I'm starting to like this more and more.

OC is nice isn't it?

Hehe. I just walked with my wife and kid to the park and was open carrying. She then wanted to go to the park right next to the school. I said I can't go there when I'm wearing this. She had no idea I was openly carrying my Glock. Well needless to say she got pretty mad and now I'm not allowed to wear it concealed or open whenever she or my daughter is around. So lame. She said its pointless to carry when all were doing is walking to the park and that I should never wear a gun around a 1 year old.

Hehe. I just walked with my wife and kid to the park and was open carrying. She then wanted to go to the park right next to the school. I said I can't go there when I'm wearing this. She had no idea I was openly carrying my Glock. Well needless to say she got pretty mad and now I'm not allowed to wear it concealed or open whenever she or my daughter is around. So lame. She said its pointless to carry when all were doing is walking to the park and that I should never wear a gun around a 1 year old.

You could try bringing her to an open carry event. I think it helped my wife understand my feelings about carry.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...7-noon-3-00-pm This is the Delavan OC party. It sounds like it will have good turn out. You will see a lot of good regular people, and yes a lot of kids also.

I feel that your 1 year old is a very good reason to want to carry. I am sure you would want to be able to try to protect her if needed. I kind of feel it is your job, but thats just me.

Again, I would not push her to hard, but I would push her to try to understand your feelings about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast