• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

fadepoint89

Just wanted to stop and say hi. I'm new to open carrying and I'll be openly carrying for the first time tomorrow in Beaver Dam. Wish me luck.

Glad to see Walker won as well. :)
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fadepoint89

Well where I live nobody open carries so I don't know how civilians will take to it hence the wish me luck. I live in a pretty "redneck" area so I'm sure people won't mind....

protias

Well where I live nobody open carries so I don't know how civilians will take to it hence the wish me luck. I live in a pretty "redneck" area so I'm sure people won't mind....

There are a couple of people who carry in your area, but their names escape me at the moment. I carried in Portage a few weeks ago with no issues.

fadepoint89

Haha I didn't say only rednecks support guns but a vast majority of them do. I'm sure there are CCs but I haven't seen one OC so I wouldn't doubt if I'm the first in the area. Portage is a lil ways southwest of me. I'm about 10 minutes north of Beaver Dam

Jason in WI

I'm sure there are CCs but I haven't seen one OC so I wouldn't doubt if I'm the first in the area.

I'm pretty sure I OC'd in Beaver Dam before, don't remember exactly but I think I might have only stopped there for a bite to eat.

I think someone else is from there that OC's but I don't remember who.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Blast Chamber

I live in Beaver Dam but I don't open carry (just concealed), but depending where I am going I often don't make much of an effort to conceal. I don't usually worry about "printing" or any of that stuff unless I'm going somewhere like a bank.

FYI, so far the only places I've seen in BD that are posted "No Weapons" are the hospital, Applebees, and Pizza Hut. I'm sure there are other places that are posted but I haven't discovered them yet.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I live in Beaver Dam but I don't open carry (just concealed), but depending where I am going I often don't make much of an effort to conceal. I don't usually worry about "printing" or any of that stuff unless I'm going somewhere like a bank.

FYI, so far the only places I've seen in BD that are posted "No Weapons" are the hospital, Applebees, and Pizza Hut. I'm sure there are other places that are posted but I haven't discovered them yet.
Wisconsin is an open carry state and so there is no such thing as 'printing'. Indeed, the primary benefit of Wisconsin's CCL is removing the anxiety of inadvertently covering an openly carried gun.

Please do not give the gun-controllers, from the right or the left, any ideas about making open carry illegal or concealment required under any circumstances.

Packer fan

well how'd it go?

Haha I didn't say only rednecks support guns but a vast majority of them do. I'm sure there are CCs but I haven't seen one OC so I wouldn't doubt if I'm the first in the area. Portage is a lil ways southwest of me. I'm about 10 minutes north of Beaver Dam

I've not OC in Beaver Dam but have in Waupan at the Culver's back a few years ago when I was passing through. Nobody even blinked an eye and it was busy.

Blast Chamber

Wisconsin is an open carry state and so there is no such thing as 'printing'. Indeed, the primary benefit of Wisconsin's CCL is removing the anxiety of inadvertently covering an openly carried gun.

Please do not give the gun-controllers, from the right or the left, any ideas about making open carry illegal or concealment required under any circumstances.

Well, how about you carry how you want to carry, and I'll carry how I want to carry, OK? :rolleyes:

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Well, how about you carry how you want to carry, and I'll carry how I want to carry, OK? :rolleyes:

FWI, DOUG/MASTER DOUG/HERR HECKLER HUFFMAN/ is an elitist who believes rules are for the underclass. He (and his countless aliases) have been banned from this site by the owners, yet here is another example of his lack of honesty or honor.

fadepoint89

Well apart from the random debate that just sparked up, I finally open carried for the first time today. OC'd into Fleet Farm to buy some more ammunition and a soda and gum. Didn't get any dirty looks, no one talked to me either. I did notice a kid about 10-13 stop walking and do a double take but then just continued on. Fleet Farm says it welcomes concealed carry so just a heads up. Summit Credit Union over by Wal-Mart is also NOT posted. So far Beaver Dam has been stress free. :)

MKEgal

Blast Chamber said:
so far the only places I've seen in BD that are posted "No Weapons" are the hospital, Applebees, and Pizza Hut.
I'm sure there are other places that are posted but I haven't discovered them yet.
The library is, though they have one of those weasel "we can't guarantee your safety" type signs.
As if that's going to protect them after they give up their liability... :mad:
I have a picture of the sign still on my camera.

I was up there not too long ago to pick up something from Charles, had some time to kill, & needed a toilet, so told my GPS to find the library. Nice little place, though parking is a bit awkward.

Last edited:
M

McX

Well apart from the random debate that just sparked up, I finally open carried for the first time today. OC'd into Fleet Farm to buy some more ammunition and a soda and gum. Didn't get any dirty looks, no one talked to me either. I did notice a kid about 10-13 stop walking and do a double take but then just continued on. Fleet Farm says it welcomes concealed carry so just a heads up. Summit Credit Union over by Wal-Mart is also NOT posted. So far Beaver Dam has been stress free. :)

carry on, carry often, carry out!

Blast Chamber

The library is, though they have one of those weasel "we can't guarantee your safety" type signs.
As if that's going to protect them after they give up their liability... :mad:
I have a picture of the sign still on my camera.

I was up there not too long ago to pick up something from Charles, had some time to kill, & needed a toilet, so told my GPS to find the library. Nice little place, though parking is a bit awkward.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the library; thanks for adding that. The parking situation there does leave something to be desired, especially when the middle school across the street is letting out for the day.

Fleet Farm would probably be my first choice for open carrying if/when I ever decide to do so. Years back I worked for an armored car company in the Madison area and (of course) open carried as part of my job. You should have seen some of the dirty looks I got from people there even though I was in uniform. :lol:

M

McX

another "I love gramma' tale to tell:
go across the street to get some smokes. old gramma ahead of me, girl clerk is waiting on her, OC'er other clerk next to her, someone i must have inspired, anyway, old gramma looks at him and says: He got a gun there. then looks at me and says: You do too. Got my change, and left, didnt get to hear if there was any thing else.

carry on, carry often, carry out.