• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(SDOC) Recieved First "Hater" Post online

H

Herr Heckler Koch

GeeZus, what do you expect from birds of a feather flocking-up!

Fallschirjmäger

What is it about car “enthusiasts”? How does one ever reach a point in life, where your primary ambition becomes making sure you wear a seat belt wherever you drive, whenever you drive? Why would you NEED to wear a seatbelt wherever you want, whenever you want?

Aknazer

I was going to post a reply, but doing so would be completely pointless unless the goal was to elevate my blood pressure. Retards like that are beyond reason.

CharleyCherokee

My reply

You're absolutely right, Terry. Visual deterrents don't work that's why they're never used in nature. Even if visual deterrents did work a gun being worn on the hip only serves to enrage a criminal. This is why cops and citizens openly carrying are attacked 100% of the time by criminals. Furthermore, you're absolutely right that murders and violent crime are non-existent in other western nations that have banned firearms. It worked so well in the UK that they went on to ban knives. Their violent crime statistics are also much lower than ours because of this even though they record 100% their violent occurrences whether or not they're solved or not. I'm sorry that'd you're too ignorant to realize what is factual incorrect with your comments, and if you're not committed to being an ignorant arrogant **** maybe you can take 10 minutes of your time to do some research from non-biased sources. Lastly, I would love to see you post "THOUSANDS" of references to armed citizens committing violent crimes, but I would be more impressed if you could provide 3 citations of open carriers committing violent crimes.

It is awaiting moderator approval so we'll see if it shows up or not.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Fighting Fire with Fire. Rather, Idiocy With Reason

No, I have no hope of reaching eco-terrorists like Terry, who stoop to polluting rational discussions with fallacious logic so deep one could hide a while.

I don't mind throwing facts on the fire, however, particularly for uninitiated passersby who, without benefit of any argument to the contrary, might get sucked into the black hole of illogical argument. So, without further ado:

What is it about gun “enthusiasts”?

I dunno. What is it about coin enthusiasts?

How does one ever reach a point in life, where your primary ambition becomes making sure you can carry a gun wherever you want, whenever you want?

Terry apparently knows us better than we know ourselves. I've yet to meet any gun enthusiast who held to that as their primary ambition.

Why would you NEED to carry a gun wherever you want, whenever you wants?

I've also yet to meet any gun enthusiast who needed to carry a firearm. The ones I know simply choose to carry a firearm.

Are people SO paranoid, SO insecure about their own pathetic lives, that carrying a gun around somehow gives them comfort?

I know of no gun enthusiast whose life is "pathetic." Might you have been projecting (that's a psychological term) your own life onto theirs?

As for comfort, absolutely! I feel much more comfortable knowing that if a bad guy or the criminally insane walked into a restaurant, store, or my home and started blowing people away, I'd at least stand a fighting chance. I'd fight, not because my life is "pathetic," but because it's wonderful, full of friends and family, and worth fighting for.

Do you find comfort knowing that if a criminal began firing on you, that you'd be defenseless, subject to his every whim, even unto death? Does that give you comfort, Terry?

Makes them feel important?

We do not carry firearms to feel important.

Makes them feel like a bigger person than they really are?

We do not carry firearms for this purpose, either.

We carry firearms to stop bad guys. If I'm in the backcountry, that extends to four-footed critters.

Are their lives SO pathetic that THIS becomes their most important issue in life?

Are you projecting again, Terry?

Sioux Falls is considered changing an executive order that bans firearms from city property. City lawyers are concerned they’re opening themselves up for a lawsuit by having such an executive order.

If the order is illegal, then they're already open to such a lawsuit, as should any order that's illegal.

Leading the charge to get the executive order changed is Adam Turner, president of the Sioux Falls chapter of “South Dakota Open Carry”.

Yeah!

This jackass...

Is he really more of a jackass than someone such as yourself, who throws around terms like "jackass" and "pathetic" without actually knowing a thing about the individual whom you're slandering?

...says that “gun-free” zones make people less safe.

As a graduate of gun-free Virginia Tech, I agree - wholeheartedly. Establishing "gun-free" zones didn't do a thing to stop the massacres of Columbine, Ft. Hood, Lubys (Killeen, TX), Capitol Hill (Seattle), Wendy's (Flushing Queens, NY), Westroads Mall NB, Grand Rapids, Chinatown and Wakefield MA, Wichita, Univ of IA, Northern Illinois Univ, Cupertino Quarry and Seal Beach CA, Westside Middle School AR, Tuscon (Gifford), and Geneva Co. AL.

In fact, by establishing these areas as a "gun-free zone," the government told the criminals who perpetrated these crimes that they'd face no opposition by law-abiding citizens. Gun-free zones invite such massacres.

Yes, Mr. Turner, arming EVERYONE, having a BUNCH of trigger-happy...

OCers aren't "trigger-happy."

...gun freaks...

OCers aren't "gun freaks." The term "aficionado" would be appropriate, as would "enthusiast," much the same as saying "Leno is a car enthusiast."

...like yourself running around will DEFINITELY make the world a safer place.

Why yes, they do. Violent crimes are strongly correlated with gun laws. Regions with the strongest gun laws, such as Chicago, Washington D.C., and New Orleans, have consistently held records for having the highest crime rates, with all three having held title as the "Murder Capitol of the U.S." at one time or another over the last 30 years. Meanwhile, regions with the least gun laws have the greatest amount of both concealed and open carry, as well as the lowest crime rates.

Given that the majority of the human race appears to be either 1) dumber than a cardboard box...

Are you projecting again, Terry?

...and/or 2) hateful and uncaring about their fellow man ... gun freaks ... nutjobs ...

Clearly, Terry, your assessment of those who carry firearms is based on Hollywood, simple ignorance, or possibly a long history association groups like the Brady Bunch (Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence) who're simultaneously massively biased and massively ignorant.

...pardon me if I don’t feel “safer” knowing gun freaks with IQ’s lower than my pet cocker spaniel...

Wow! You should enter your 140+ IQ spaniel in the Guinness Book of World Records!

...are all running around carrying...

I don't "run around" while carrying. I run errands, including shopping for clothes, gifts, and groceries, hike/backpack/camp, and enjoy the occasional meal with family and friends.

...even when I’m in such “dangerous” locations such as city parks.

Whether or not a city park is dangerous depends on both the park and the time of day or night.

As for your last two lines, they're proof positive that the ability to speak does not correlate well with intelligence, the ability to gather and properly use facts, or apply reason to those facts.

Bellum_Intus

The poster should walk around Colorado Springs with me for a day...
In fact JUST today in Walmart, a child said "mommy, he has a gun" .. her reply, "he's a good guy, bad guys hide them under hoodies" .. mmhmm..

I have had nothing but positive interactions with the public in the 10 years I have OC'd in Colorado, sickens me when I read garbage like this..
I spent 18 years protecting that guys right to speech.. Too bad he won't acknowledge my right to keep and bear arms..

--Rob

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

You can't argue with those people no matter what you say they won't listen

True.. I wonder though, if my IQ is 'lower than his cocker spaniel', how did I become the VP of IT for a University and CIO of another? I guess IQ's don't matter much.. hmm..

--Rob

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

I commented on one of his other articles or whatever they are. Never made it past moderation.

Sounds like he's a great supporter of the Constitution, my post didn't make it either.. Typical Liberal, only release what they perceive a benefit to their 'cause' ..

--Rob