• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I appreciate OCDO poster's patience and understanding

sawah

I tend to have fairly strong postings about some things that I read on the forums and I'm often quite skeptical and harsh. I realize that many times I'm dead wrong.

So I just wanted to say that I appreciate the patience and understanding that is offered here, and want to thank especially Grapeshot, Skidmark, Peter Nap and others who have taken the time to give me counterpoint.

Since it is a forum, I think it's good that we can argue and bicker and even be a bit harsh in judging those who make posts that seem a bit out there. I just want to say that I don't want anyone to take it personally, nor do I want people not to post their incidents for fear that they are going to be taken to task. Just realize that it's good to be challenged and take an opportunity to think about your actions, because the real world IS going to judge you harshly when firearms and aggression is involved and it's better to be challenged on a forum where we are speculating than to have to explain it to the judges of the world.

Again, thanks to all the posters on OCDO and remember it's just a discussion group and underneath it we're all brothers in arms.

mustangkiller

That's a reasonable sum up of this site's populace if I've ever seen one. One sort of off topic question for you though. Your sig, if a firearm is a tool of convenience, what is the tool of effectiveness?

KBCraig

It's a family: we embrace you for being one of us, while slapping you about for being stupid.

And, we're occasionally a dysfunctional family.

And by "occasionally", I mean every day, and by "family", I mean Manson. ;)

sawah

That's a reasonable sum up of this site's populace if I've ever seen one. One sort of off topic question for you though. Your sig, if a firearm is a tool of convenience, what is the tool of effectiveness?

Since it's Clint's quote, I can only guess at his intent. I'd suggest your brain and your feet.

OC for ME

Never admit that you are wrong....just claim that you did not have all of the facts, so, now that you have all of the facts you are still right, but in a different way. Works for LE all the time.

PistolPackingMomma

When you stop telling members you've never met that they shouldn't be carrying a gun, or allowed to drive, based off of individual incidents you read about on the internet, you won't sound like a judgmental anti.

HTH.