• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Virginia and USA

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I can tell you from personal experience that in Virginia the answer to Q1 is yes and Q3 is yes.

Others have already answered 2 & 4, and yes I know that 1 and 3 have been answered, I'm just adding that I have personal proof of the answers to those questions.

Virginia is a beautiful place, embrace the culture, don't try to make it like the place you leave behind. I have fond memories of the place I grew up, but last time I was there, it had changed too much (and not for the best). There are parts of VA that are better than others, I think peter nap considers the North Anna River the dividing line. Let us all know what part of VA you're coming to and I'm sure you'll find people here willing to welcome you to a dinner or breakfast and answer your questions in person. Take a look at VCDL.org, the premier gun rights organization in VA, at the very least sign up for the free email alerts, but we'd rather you actually joined.

God loves you for saying that as do real Virginians.

scouser

Don't you remember Grape, I gave Scouser honorary and permanent Southern Residency early on!:cool:

well a big huge thank-you 'peter'

Don't know if I told you this story or not in person, but here goes anyway.

Until Nov 2010 when I mentioned 'home' I meant Liverpool. Then my dad died and I went back for his funeral, my 2nd trip there in 5 months after taking Logan to meet his grandad (a whole other story, flying transatlantic with a 5 month old as he was then, including holding up the puddle jumper from RIC to Philly because the seat belt wouldn't release on his car seat). Anyway, there I was, November 2010 arrived at manchester airport got off the plane and showed my British passport to get in quickly (yeah right, seemed everyone had a UK passport and if I'd had a US one instead I'd have gotten through in 3 minutes instead of waiting in line for 30). Needless to say by the time I was able to get my bag (I traveled alone on this trip, my wife stayed here in VA with Logan simply because we couldn't afford a 2nd 'family trip' abroad in less than 6 months), I was in need of a bathroom having decided 'what the ****, I'm flying alone, I hate flying (I'm not scared of it, I just don't like it being cramped up in one place for so long etc), so I'm gonna spend $45 on US Airways alcoholic beverages' (trust me on this, you don't get a lot for $45 on a plane, but that was all the cash I had on me and I wasn't going to start charging it).

So, back to the story, I'm in need of a bathroom, my bag is going around on the baggage carousel andI don't care. I look up and see a sign that says 'men's bathroom and ritual washing station'. According to my mother, I can't repeat the words that came out of my mouth, on seeing that, without spending eternity talking to a dude with a pitchfork !!

The gist of my words, though, was basically "who's country is this?"

My point in telling y'all this is to make you realize you can't allow it to happen here. If they want to change things I promise everyone here that I'll be among the first to tell them to "**** off back to where they come from". I love the Liverpool I grew up in, and I love the Virginia I live in now. Please don't let anyone screw it up.

Tanner

I found the answer to my question. "10. An alien other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States. "

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308

"J3. No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in § 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer."

So cops can booz it up while concealed? Note that I am asking this kinda as a joke.

ocholsteroc

I found the answer to my question. "10. An alien other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States. "

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308

"J3. No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in § 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer."

So cops can booz it up while concealed? Note that I am asking this kinda as a joke.

They are "Special"

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's not just cops who can drink while carrying concealed.

And this is why we "pick on" you, Tanner - to get you to do your own homework so you will know and understand the stuff as opposed to parroting it back to us. Well, that and because it's just so much fun.

stay safe.