• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delaware Open Carry Law

go4it

Other then Dover, DE , where am I UNABLE to Open Carry (State Buildings, Banks, Shopping Mall)??
Also, what must I do when in my car driving from point A to point B (Remove gun from holster, Keep in trunk, Remain carrying)??

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Other then Dover, DE , where am I UNABLE to Open Carry (State Buildings, Banks, Shopping Mall)??
Also, what must I do when in my car driving from point A to point B (Remove gun from holster, Keep in trunk, Remain carrying)??

Unless there is a published regulation or statute, open carry in state buildings should be fine.

Open car carry is legal but a little tricky due to possible accusations of concealed carry - so watch how you carry in the car.

MKEgal

Mike said:
Open car carry is legal but a little tricky due to possible accusations of concealed carry - so watch how you carry in the car.
Word.

Also, if you don't have a carry license issued by Delaware you could run afoul of the "gun free" school zone laws.

The prosecutor has to prove that you knew you were within 3 blocks of the edge of a school property, and so far everyone who's been charged with that has done something else bad, but it's still a threat & would mess up your life until the charges were dropped.