• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sweet new carry

DamonK

Just got a newish setup for hunting this next year, and I think I may have to carry it at the next south sound meetup. Why? Because I can;-) I know a 44mag isn't the best self defence round out there(over penetration) But it's got cool factor like non other.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339099917644.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339099917644.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 200

Mainsail

That's not a .44, THIS is a .44:

Lever2.png

Levi

A high quality HP would take care of the over penetration issue. My biggest concern with a .44 is the recoil. It takes a bit longer for me to get back on target.

That is sweet looking. Is it a single action?

DamonK

That mare's leg would be a fun one. My 44 is a redhawk, so it's SA/DA. Shooting it single I can hit soda cans at 100 yards most days. My normal carry is my trusty 45 1911 from Olympic Arms. This one I got to take with me when I'm hunting. Good medicine for bear, and if I happen to see a nice deer on my way out, I can be a dirty road hunter:-D

decklin

That is very nice, DamonK.
It's funny 'cause I've actually looked at buying that same model for a trail gun. I've also thought about a .357 due to to ease of follow up.

DamonK

Deklin, I highly recommend buying it. It's heavy, but thank's to it's weight, it soaks recoil like a sponge. The crossdraw holster is a practical thing to. If the pistol were worn on the right(strong side for me), it get's tangled with my rifle sling or backpack(same argument with shoulder holster) The pistol it self is fantastic. Goes bang every time, and if I'm out, it'll make one hell of a club!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Levi

I was looking at a 4" model mostly because it looks like a western single action and still has double action. I thought it might look cool in a western rig.

Ah, if I were only rich...

DamonK

I was looking at a 4" model mostly because it looks like a western single action and still has double action. I thought it might look cool in a western rig.

Ah, if I were only rich...

I'm not sure if they have a 4" model, but I know they make a 5". It is a great piece of work, but be ready for the weight. My 7.5" is over 3 pounds. Triple K has some really nice holsters for it, if you want the slightly modernised(see functional) western look.

I'm not rich, I just saved for a couple months and got a used one. Good luck to ya!

Levi

I'm not sure if they have a 4" model, but I know they make a 5". It is a great piece of work, but be ready for the weight. My 7.5" is over 3 pounds. Triple K has some really nice holsters for it, if you want the slightly modernised(see functional) western look.

I'm not rich, I just saved for a couple months and got a used one. Good luck to ya!

Yeah, that's the one.

http://www.ruger.com/products/redhawk/specSheets/5004.html

It's cool but at this time I am headed a different way financially. But I will occasionally day dream about the perfect western looking double action.