• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rock Bottom

1supra

Anyone ever OC'ed in Rock Bottom Brewery? I'm assuming since it's a restaurant it should be ok providing there aren't any No Firearms or Weapons sign.

porterhouse83

Give er a try bud. Just like any place you open carry just act natural. I have only been asked to leave my firearm in my vehicle once out of the many places I have been. I was polite and said no prob. I was nervous to open carry in a bank but they didnt even seem to mind.

M-Taliesin

I was nervous to open carry in a bank but they didnt even seem to mind.

Howdy Pard!
Yeah... I remember when we started walking toward Bellco. You said, "We're going into a bank?"
Made me smile as I said "Yep! We certainly are!"

Yep! I do believe you were a wee bit nervous! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jskp229

I have been carrying at Rock Bottom (park meadows & westminster) several times per month for over a year. No one ever said anything & I'm not sure anyone even paid attention. Also, I never asked. Just do it. COS is usually a more accepting environment. Their sister company, Old Chicago on Woodman is gun friendly. Had many a good conversation with employees there.

PikesPeakMtnMan

jskp bring up an important point...never ask for permission prior to OCing anywhere, as long as you're legal to carry you should do so like you're welcome to. Asking permission prior to going someplace just gives an anti-gun owner the heads-up that he'd better post a sign, which is bad for all gun carriers, OC or CC.

Of course, I'm not saying the OP is going to do this ....I mention it merely as a "heads-up" to everyone, and especially to the newer members who may or may not know better.

1supra

Yea, there was not an issue. Dont think anyone even noticed. Even sat sidearm facing out. Walked out past people waiting by the entrance sitting down, nothing.

porterhouse83

Yea, there was not an issue. Dont think anyone even noticed. Even sat sidearm facing out. Walked out past people waiting by the entrance sitting down, nothing.

You will find this to be the case more often than not. I went out to dinner with my girl last night. We went to a chinese place and no one said a thing. got a dirty look for a older lady but that stuff you do not even acknowledge.