Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The legal system out of control? This woman's real mistake was talking to police ...

Herr Heckler Koch

The legal system out of control? This woman's real mistake was talking to police ...

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2012/0...gineering.html
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lott
    6/08/2012
    The legal system out of control?: Engineering student who likes to blow up toilets on her property

http://www.hulu.com/embed/wvqt6adrJpgSD8o9XQS2Eg

An engineering student who likes to experiment with blowing up toilets? Does the federal government really have nothing better to do with its time? She owns lots of guns and ammo? Are the pictures of her owning a hundreds of rounds of ammunition supposed to be scary? Do these reporters understand how someone can shoot hundreds of rounds during an afternoon? Has she threatened anyone? She admitted to police that she has smoked pot and used meth and that she did those crimes along with owning guns seem to be enough for them to hold her. Obama has admitted to using pot and cocaine, but even though he has admitted to that would it make any sense to arrest him?

My guess is that this woman's real mistake was talking to police without having a lawyer present.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c10_1339017182
    Tommy Savage told Winne his daughter Celia is a church-going college student but also is a daddy's girl, hunting and fishing as she grew up. Like him, she is also a fierce advocate of the right to keep and bear arms.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA8zc_UZhOg

Two polls: "Should she be in jail" and "Is she a danger to society"
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 06-08-2012 at 06:34 AM.

No, her mistake was in publicizing her activities. That was compounded by running her mouth to brag about how bad-azz she was.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut Up applies to so many things.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member Miss Black Rifle Disease's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    No, her mistake was in publicizing her activities. That was compounded by running her mouth to brag about how bad-azz she was.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut Up applies to so many things.

stay safe.
    Damn Skippy!

But I'll add that for a college student her age...if they were hers - she did have a lot of very expensive "toys" and that is a little suspect to me...Don't we all have to concede that every once and a while an investigation like this might actually have some merit? Not saying this girl is guilty of anything other than bad judgement, retarded philosophy and running her mouth, but any more...ya never know.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Black Rifle Disease View Post
    an investigation like this might actually have some merit?
    Unwarranted absent a warrant.

We have only the rights that we defend, including particularly the First, Second, Fourth and Fifth Amendment enumerated Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Unwarranted absent a warrant.

We have only the rights that we defend, including particularly the First, Second, Fourth and Fifth Amendment enumerated Rights.
    Absent a warrant? Where did it state that? We can't always fall back on Constitutional rights as an excuse for criminal behavior. I have no idea if this young woman is guilty of the charges she's accused of and neither do you. Making assumptions that her rights have been violated when very little facts on this case have been discussed is premature. Maybe her rights were violated, maybe they were not. She certainly could have avoided all this trouble by keeping aspects of her private life..private. No one is arguing that. But she publicized behavior that can be viewed as criminal and may have been lawfully indictable. I'm not seeing the problem here beyond her being her own worse enemy.
    Last edited by Miss Black Rifle Disease; 06-08-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Absent a warrant? Where did it state that? We can't always fall back on Constitutional rights as an excuse for criminal behavior. I have no idea if this young woman is guilty of the charges she's accused of and neither do you. Making assumptions that her rights have been violated when very little facts on this case have been discussed is premature. Maybe her rights were violated, maybe they were not. She certainly could have avoided all this trouble by keeping aspects of her private life..private. No one is arguing that. But she publicized behavior that can be viewed as criminal and may be very have been lawfully indictable. I'm not seeing the problem here beyond her being her own worse enemy.
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLeak
    "Is she a gun toting terrorist of any kind?" Winne asked Tommy Savage.
    Even the few other people they interviewed said she wasn't though. I feel it says a lot if a bunch of the town's people will agree that she isn't. And really, if she does it on her property then so be it....Just don't publicize it in the end... But a "gun toting terrorist"?? Hmm...Love the wording there.....

Makes me wonder if they're gonna start calling EVERYONE a "terrorist" just for owning a gun (and not having a uniform, such as LEO or circumstances in the military, for example)....because we can put "fear" into our enemies heart and make them "worry" about their lives....
    Last edited by modernknight; 06-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.

I don't see anything wrong with what she did. I don't build bombs, but I think that she should have the RIGHT to do what she did. I don't think there has been a crime committed if there wasn't a victim.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with what she did. I don't build bombs, but I think that she should have the RIGHT to do what she did. I don't think there has been a crime committed if there wasn't a victim.
    There are actually surprisingly few federal laws against building/making explosives last I looked. Tannerite is a binary explosive, and it's perfectly legal sell, buy and to transport while it's in its component form, but basically illegal to transport on roads once it's mixed (manufactured, that is). Transporting active explosives without a license, insurance, proper containment and vehicle markings can be a real problem, though.

It's likely the worst judgement that she made is using or admitting to using meth, and talking to police without a lawyer present; she should have been smarter. That's really the only part of the story I have a problem with.

Running her mouth was her downfall.

But you should be able to do whatever the hell you want on your private property.

Gun toting terrorist!!!!???? that's total BS liberals just trying to ban guns as usual.
    Last edited by virginian45colt; 06-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Cool

It's not like she blew up a toilet when Eric "I can't remember" Holder was sitting on it........

Quote Originally Posted by virginian45colt View Post
    Running her mouth was her downfall..
    What? I'm shocked any woman would do that!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Absent a warrant? Where did it state that? We can't always fall back on Constitutional rights as an excuse for criminal behavior. I have no idea if this young woman is guilty of the charges she's accused of and neither do you. Making assumptions that her rights have been violated when very little facts on this case have been discussed is premature. Maybe her rights were violated, maybe they were not. She certainly could have avoided all this trouble by keeping aspects of her private life..private. No one is arguing that. But she publicized behavior that can be viewed as criminal and may have been lawfully indictable. I'm not seeing the problem here beyond her being her own worse enemy.
    How about her right to do as she wants on her own property so long as she doesn't harm anyone?

I think I love her !

hmmmm anyone NOT think we don't live in a police state ? Just sayin

they made a big deal about her small basement ammo collection...did the media even cover the DHS buying 450 million rounds of ammo ??
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 06-08-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    How about her right to do as she wants on her own property so long as she doesn't harm anyone?
    this
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

So, since I have guns, ammo, and water and food I guess I'm a "terrorist" too.

Quote Originally Posted by virginian45colt View Post
    So, since I have guns, ammo, and water and food I guess I'm a "terrorist" too.
    Old news, brosef.

I'd have linked you to the OCDO threads discussing these fliers, as they had a lot more information and what have. But it's such a pain in the ass to search the forums. I'm looking at you, Captcha. *glares menacingly*

Old news, brosef.

I'd have linked you to the OCDO threads discussing these fliers, as they had a lot more information and what have. But it's such a pain in the ass to search the forums. I'm looking at you, Captcha. *glares menacingly*
    Ug. I guess since I lived in Earthquake heaven called California and prepped for the worst because I know that when the big one hits help is not going to be there for days even weeks. I'm a "possible" "terrorist".

You're a member of a gun rights movement. One that is considered the "far right" or pro-gun groups. You're already a possible terrorist, you're just adding to the list.

I'm probably on a half dozen lists or more myself. Hello, government man.

Anyone who does reloading AND plumbing projects has the "constituent components" for making pipe bombs.

Think about that, folks.

Think about how STUPID this law is, and how many law-abiding members of THIS forum are potentially in violation of this statute...

Maybe cleaning out the garage isn't such a bad idea after all, eh?...

The only REAL crime this young woman is guilty of is not following the "4 Letters Rule" when it comes to sharing your personal business with people who have no need to know it (like the police, or EVERYONE on FaceBook):

S..T..H..U...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

She's kinda hot....Gainesville ain't that far away.....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    She's kinda hot....Gainesville ain't that far away.....
    Desparate?

And besides her not having her toys any more, she's going to be high-maintainance what with legal bills and such.

You'd probably be better off picking from Craig's List.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Good point.....but, she may be more 'attractive' later....maybe.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

That is a perceived right vs. one qualified by law. The Constitution doesn't even give you any rightful protections as what you are suggesting. And no where in the available press releases over this story does it state emphatically that she was detonating her "hobbyist" explosive devices on her property, folks are just assuming that. Americans love to assume.I think it's gaining status as the most popular sport rivaling Football.

When I was growing up some teenagers were playing around with some "explosives" adjacent to a greehouse we had back in our woods. Though they detonated their toys on their property shrapnel and burning debris caused significant damage to our green house and it's contents even though "ground zero" was over 100 yards away. The blast started a fire that also burned down another neighbors barn resulting in two classic cars being destroyed. There is good reason that blowing things up is NOT anyone's right. And should be done for useful legitimate purpose vs. some stupid immature stunt. I can appreciate the fun in watching something go boom as the next person. That act in itself I don't consider criminal. But that being said some laws, as much as it pains me to admit, are for the common good and should be obeyed..

Some Hunters were hunting on land they leased and even though they were over a hundred yards away, their bullets managed to strike two children playing basket ball. I think one died? According to your logic, we should outlaw hunting all together and only allow target shooting at designated ranges.

The constitution isn't all inclusive, according to the constitution.

Some Hunters were hunting on land they leased and even though they were over a hundred yards away, their bullets managed to strike two children playing basket ball. I think one died? According to your logic, we should outlaw hunting all together and only allow target shooting at designated ranges.

The constitution isn't all inclusive, according to the constitution.
    This argument, and no offense to the poster, is sophistry. You're attempting to categorize a tragic accident in the same light as a pointless and dangerous stunt to validate an invalid comparison. One was a useless exercise in reckless behavior, another was an unfortunate and coincidental result of a legitimate and lawful activity. The two are hardly the same. Accidents happen as a result of responsible behavior every day and they are unavoidable. But the intentional exercise of ignorant stupidity regardless of locale should be dealt with by law and common sense.
    Last edited by Miss Black Rifle Disease; 06-13-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast