• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The legal system out of control? This woman's real mistake was talking to police ...

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2012/06/legal-system-out-of-control-engineering.html
John Lott said:
6/08/2012
The legal system out of control?: Engineering student who likes to blow up toilets on her property

http://www.hulu.com/embed/wvqt6adrJpgSD8o9XQS2Eg

Screen+shot+2012-06-08+at++Friday,+June+8,+2.45+AM+1.png

Screen+shot+2012-06-08+at++Friday,+June+8,+2.45+AM+2.png

Screen+shot+2012-06-08+at++Friday,+June+8,+2.46+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-06-08+at++Friday,+June+8,+2.56+AM+1.png

An engineering student who likes to experiment with blowing up toilets? Does the federal government really have nothing better to do with its time? She owns lots of guns and ammo? Are the pictures of her owning a hundreds of rounds of ammunition supposed to be scary? Do these reporters understand how someone can shoot hundreds of rounds during an afternoon? Has she threatened anyone? She admitted to police that she has smoked pot and used meth and that she did those crimes along with owning guns seem to be enough for them to hold her. Obama has admitted to using pot and cocaine, but even though he has admitted to that would it make any sense to arrest him?

My guess is that this woman's real mistake was talking to police without having a lawyer present.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c10_1339017182
Tommy Savage told Winne his daughter Celia is a church-going college student but also is a daddy's girl, hunting and fishing as she grew up. Like him, she is also a fierce advocate of the right to keep and bear arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA8zc_UZhOg

Two polls: "Should she be in jail" and "Is she a danger to society"

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
No, her mistake was in publicizing her activities. That was compounded by running her mouth to brag about how bad-azz she was.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut Up applies to so many things.

stay safe.

Miss Black Rifle Disease

No, her mistake was in publicizing her activities. That was compounded by running her mouth to brag about how bad-azz she was.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut Up applies to so many things.

stay safe.

Damn Skippy!

But I'll add that for a college student her age...if they were hers - she did have a lot of very expensive "toys" and that is a little suspect to me...Don't we all have to concede that every once and a while an investigation like this might actually have some merit? Not saying this girl is guilty of anything other than bad judgement, retarded philosophy and running her mouth, but any more...ya never know.

Miss Black Rifle Disease

Unwarranted absent a warrant.

We have only the rights that we defend, including particularly the First, Second, Fourth and Fifth Amendment enumerated Rights.

Absent a warrant? Where did it state that? We can't always fall back on Constitutional rights as an excuse for criminal behavior. I have no idea if this young woman is guilty of the charges she's accused of and neither do you. Making assumptions that her rights have been violated when very little facts on this case have been discussed is premature. Maybe her rights were violated, maybe they were not. She certainly could have avoided all this trouble by keeping aspects of her private life..private. No one is arguing that. But she publicized behavior that can be viewed as criminal and may have been lawfully indictable. I'm not seeing the problem here beyond her being her own worse enemy.

Last edited:

modernknight

Absent a warrant? Where did it state that? We can't always fall back on Constitutional rights as an excuse for criminal behavior. I have no idea if this young woman is guilty of the charges she's accused of and neither do you. Making assumptions that her rights have been violated when very little facts on this case have been discussed is premature. Maybe her rights were violated, maybe they were not. She certainly could have avoided all this trouble by keeping aspects of her private life..private. No one is arguing that. But she publicized behavior that can be viewed as criminal and may be very have been lawfully indictable. I'm not seeing the problem here beyond her being her own worse enemy.

+1.

LiveLeak said:
"Is she a gun toting terrorist of any kind?" Winne asked Tommy Savage.

Even the few other people they interviewed said she wasn't though. I feel it says a lot if a bunch of the town's people will agree that she isn't. And really, if she does it on her property then so be it....Just don't publicize it in the end... But a "gun toting terrorist"?? Hmm...Love the wording there.....:banghead:

Makes me wonder if they're gonna start calling EVERYONE a "terrorist" just for owning a gun (and not having a uniform, such as LEO or circumstances in the military, for example)....because we can put "fear" into our enemies heart and make them "worry" about their lives....:banghead:

Last edited:

09jisaac

I don't see anything wrong with what she did. I don't build bombs, but I think that she should have the RIGHT to do what she did. I don't think there has been a crime committed if there wasn't a victim.

CO-Joe

I don't see anything wrong with what she did. I don't build bombs, but I think that she should have the RIGHT to do what she did. I don't think there has been a crime committed if there wasn't a victim.

There are actually surprisingly few federal laws against building/making explosives last I looked. Tannerite is a binary explosive, and it's perfectly legal sell, buy and to transport while it's in its component form, but basically illegal to transport on roads once it's mixed (manufactured, that is). Transporting active explosives without a license, insurance, proper containment and vehicle markings can be a real problem, though.

It's likely the worst judgement that she made is using or admitting to using meth, and talking to police without a lawyer present; she should have been smarter. That's really the only part of the story I have a problem with.

virginian45colt

Running her mouth was her downfall.:banghead:

But you should be able to do whatever the hell you want on your private property.

Gun toting terrorist!!!!???? that's total BS liberals just trying to ban guns as usual.

Last edited:

Jack House

Absent a warrant? Where did it state that? We can't always fall back on Constitutional rights as an excuse for criminal behavior. I have no idea if this young woman is guilty of the charges she's accused of and neither do you. Making assumptions that her rights have been violated when very little facts on this case have been discussed is premature. Maybe her rights were violated, maybe they were not. She certainly could have avoided all this trouble by keeping aspects of her private life..private. No one is arguing that. But she publicized behavior that can be viewed as criminal and may have been lawfully indictable. I'm not seeing the problem here beyond her being her own worse enemy.
How about her right to do as she wants on her own property so long as she doesn't harm anyone?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I think I love her !

hmmmm anyone NOT think we don't live in a police state ? Just sayin

they made a big deal about her small basement ammo collection...did the media even cover the DHS buying 450 million rounds of ammo ??

Last edited:

virginian45colt

Old news, brosef.

I'd have linked you to the OCDO threads discussing these fliers, as they had a lot more information and what have. But it's such a pain in the ass to search the forums. I'm looking at you, Captcha. *glares menacingly*

Ug. I guess since I lived in Earthquake heaven called California and prepped for the worst because I know that when the big one hits help is not going to be there for days even weeks. I'm a "possible" "terrorist".

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jack House

You're a member of a gun rights movement. One that is considered the "far right" or pro-gun groups. You're already a possible terrorist, you're just adding to the list. :rolleyes:

I'm probably on a half dozen lists or more myself. Hello, government man. :lol:

Dreamer

Anyone who does reloading AND plumbing projects has the "constituent components" for making pipe bombs.

Think about that, folks.

Think about how STUPID this law is, and how many law-abiding members of THIS forum are potentially in violation of this statute...

Maybe cleaning out the garage isn't such a bad idea after all, eh?...

The only REAL crime this young woman is guilty of is not following the "4 Letters Rule" when it comes to sharing your personal business with people who have no need to know it (like the police, or EVERYONE on FaceBook):

S..T..H..U...

Last edited: