Thread: Stafford Co - No shoot zones could see changes

Stafford Co - No shoot zones could see changes

No shoot zones could see changes

Supervisor Gary Snellings says his neighbors in the rural Hartwood District have set up “shooting ranges” all around his house. There’s one in front, and on each side. And on weekends, the noise is particularly noticeable.

“To say the least, it’s very annoying, there’s no question about that,” Snellings said. “Especially on Sunday afternoon, when all three of them are going at the same time, I feel like I’m in a war zone.”

But he says he’s most concerned about safety. “I don’t believe that most of these folks really understand what’s around them. They know they’ve got 3 acres, or they’ve got 5 acres, but in many cases, they don’t have a berm set up, they’re just shooting at a target. And if they miss the target, that bullet can … just keep going.”

More: http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/staf...d-see-changes/

Its official... Stafford County can now be considered part of 'N. Virginia'....

Btw, this is the area mentioned..... hardly in the middle of major development
    http://goo.gl/maps/vjCd

If he's right about the lack of berms then he has a right to be concerned. Not, IMHO, a "right" to use his public position of trust to force them to give up shooting -- not even to force them to build berms!

A friendly conversation about safety concerns and noise control would have been more appropriate. But I guess it is a shame to let a position of power go to waste. (I wonder, isn't using a public office for private purposes against the law? My Google-fu is weak this AM - I can't find it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit