• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

caveat for bikers...

Sheldon

Smokin Joe's in Caledonia MI has a nice bike selection, clean showroom, and friendly sales people.... I bought my Victory Kingpin there...

That said their mechanic needs to go back to school!!!

My new Kingpin had an issue... It would back fire through the intake and would stall intermittently!!! Hot cold, ran for 5 minute or for 3 hours, it would do it with the only warning is the tac would drop down a few hundred rpm's. It might do it several times today and not again for a week...

The throttle advance (choke) was out of adjustment...
Their mechanic would reset the TPS and when that did not work, his suggestion was to put on a high performance exhaust system for a grand...

For 3 years I took the bike there on a regular basis and complained.... It was never fixed with the Mechanic guessing....
I even called Victory and complained abut an incident where it stalled and dumped the wife and myself before he would attempt an fix...

Now one trip to Planet Power Sports in Coldwater MI, (they are closer) and I tell them the story....
They taxi us to town so we can relax and explore while they work on the bike..
Turns out Smokin Jose had never entered one thing in the system about my issues!! Nada, ZIP, nothing...
The Power sports mechanic kept it for over 5 hours. Turns out it was running way rich, the TPS was not synced to the Baro pressure or O2 sensor... now she runs like a champ, warms up quickly.

Today I called Corp HQ and filed a complaint...

Did this cause wash down damage to my upper cyl due to excessive fuel, don't know but I do know if you have issues stay away from Smokin Joe's!!!

Sorry not gun reate but I needed to get this off my chest....