Thread: OWN THE COP VIDEOs

OWN THE COP VIDEOs

Why not "OWN THE CIVILIAN VIDEOs"!?
    I believe that those individuals who do the "OWN THE COP VIDEOs", must run accross stops where the LEO is polite, respectful and simply does their job. They won't post those because (IMHO) it doen't fit their agenda. LEOs have the same access to the dash cam through the FOIA as we do. Seems they could (should) post those stops where the civilian is an outright RICHARDHEAD and they are calm and well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    There are thousands of those videos on Youtube and there are also television shows like Cops and First 48 and other shows that only portray cops in a good light.

In addition, in life you dont deserve kudos for doing things you are supposed to do.
    My dad always told me, if you do a bad job, 10 people will hear about it. But if you do a good job, 2 people will hear about it.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

I think we've seen enough videos of cops pwning citizens... These videos will stop when cops are equal in the eyes of the law instead of treated better than other citizens.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

There are thousands of those videos on Youtube and there are also television shows like Cops and First 48 and other shows that only portray cops in a good light.

In addition, in life you dont deserve kudos for doing things you are supposed to do.
    Not sure which Cops you watch, but the one I've seen has a number of videos where the cops are behaving belligerently. Of course, the show doesn't condemn them for their actions, though.

If you have children, you've never complimented them for a job well done. I mean after all it is only what they're suppose to do. Thousands of good cop videos? I use to watch those shows and have more fingers (possablely including thumbs) then I've seen good cops videos. Yes BAD COPS need exposed but (IMHO) good cops deserve recognition. They would be an example to the bad ones.
    Last edited by William Fisher; 06-08-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Not sure which Cops you watch, but the one I've seen has a number of videos where the cops are behaving belligerently. Of course, the show doesn't condemn them for their actions, though.
    Like this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnouCS4Weag
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Personally, my opinion of cops has changed dramatically in the last few years simply because the amount of times I see then doing wrong is astounding.

I agree.
    And I believe that its all due to the "War on Drugs" and now the "War on Terror". Since those two campaigns have started, American police have been overwhelmingly militarized.

It used to be that your local police officers would drive or walk around your town, be polite and professional.
    They were friends of the community.

Now people dont even want to say "hello" to an officer because they fear that he/she will find some reason to hassle you.

Also, if you do manage to hold a conversation with modern police. Their speech and body language are almost like androids.
    They speak in a god-like persona.

Dont get me wrong, I have met some decent police officers in my time. But it was rare.

Im at the pint in my life where I dont even want a LEO around me or my family. I just want to be left the hell a lone.
    Im a law abiding citizen and I dont bother anyone.

Not only are there plenty of examples of good cops sticking it to "richardhead" citizens, but for them to post it themselves would be bad form and might even bring them disciplinary action (althought if the response to police brutality is any measure, then I'm sure it would be very light discipline).

If I do a good job at work and post a video of it to youtube, my supervisor may want to have some words with me.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    It used to be that your local police officers would drive or walk around your town, be polite and professional.
    I don't live in a small town (>500,000), but they still do that, here. So does our postman.

Now people dont even want to say "hello" to an officer because they fear that he/she will find some reason to hassle you.
    Which people are that? I went through the line at the grocery store this evening right behind an El Paso County Sheriff's Deputy, and we exchanged pleasantries. He noticed my firearm right off, but never mentioned it. He'd just come off duty and was buying some groceries for his family.

Also, if you do manage to hold a conversation with modern police. Their speech and body language are almost like androids. They speak in a god-like persona.
    What country is that? This isn't the experience I've had with police over the last two decades. Not here in Colorado Springs, not in Germany, S. Korea, Las Vegas, North Carolina, or Spokane WA.

Dont get me wrong, I have met some decent police officers in my time. But it was rare.
    My experience is the opposite of yours, as I've met some crappy police officers in my time, but it was rare.

Im at the pint in my life where I dont even want a LEO around me or my family. I just want to be left the hell a lone.
    Im a law abiding citizen and I dont bother anyone.[/QUOTE]
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I don't live in a small town (>500,000), but they still do that, here. So does our postman.

Which people are that? I went through the line at the grocery store this evening right behind an El Paso County Sheriff's Deputy, and we exchanged pleasantries. He noticed my firearm right off, but never mentioned it. He'd just come off duty and was buying some groceries for his family.

What country is that? This isn't the experience I've had with police over the last two decades. Not here in Colorado Springs, not in Germany, S. Korea, Las Vegas, North Carolina, or Spokane WA.

My experience is the opposite of yours, as I've met some crappy police officers in my time, but it was rare.

I guess it all depends on your locality.
    I too have lived in some of the areas you have listed and never had a problem with those officers.
    Especially in Colorado and Wyoming. Every LEO I worked with or met were incredibly professional and polite.

Now, when I lived in Baltimore city and here in Pittsburgh many LEO's have huge attitude problems. Hell, dont take my word for it. You can see plenty of videos on youtube with LEO's that are completely out of control in both of those cities.
    And I dont and wont accept the "a few bad apples" argument. Why? Because of they were true professionals, the "good apples" would do what it takes to keep a bad apple from getting out of control and besmirching their entire police force. Especially when they know they are being recorded!

Dont get me wrong. I am a clean cut, well mannered individual who has always respected those in uniform.
    I always approach or interact with every LEO I meet in a respectful manner.
    So I know its not me with the problem.

But out here in the larger east coast cities, they are like Romans occupying a city.
    And they are sure to let you know it!
    Last edited by Sig229; 06-11-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I agree.
    And I believe that its all due to the "War on Drugs" and now the "War on Terror". Since those two campaigns have started, American police have been overwhelmingly militarized.

Also, if you do manage to hold a conversation with modern police. Their speech and body language are almost like androids.
    They speak in a god-like persona.

I'm afraid this view point on current conditions is very accurate. In fact a couple days ago on a long long road trip my brother and I were grabbing some coke at a gas station in... I THINK it was Georgia (not sure), and this LEO was standing several feet away chatting with the two cashiers. I looked at him a couple of times and he was GLARING at me. I mean I felt like I had been eye-f****d! I guess he didn't like my road-trip swim trunks. Anyway I remember thinking we need more Andy Griffins in this country.

I prefer not to be bothered by police officers. I always welcome a friendly conversation from anyone, regardless of their profession. But cops aren't really in the business of friendly conversations. I've met some amazing people that were police officers. But then I saw them act in official police capacity and they were less than amazing. Great people, bad cops. I generally wont initiate a conversation with a police officer with few exceptions for the fact that too many are just looking for trouble, so to speak.

I know of a few that deserve a swift kick in the pants for their god-like attitudes. But that's not really the majority around these parts. I'd expect that kind of behavior from Chicago PD though.

Ya know, since we're comparing anecdotal evidence.

Great people, bad cops.
    It's amazing what the badge does. I have a very very good friend who is a cop. We watch each other's kids. I consider him a great guy. Also he has told me he thinks OCing is great. We show off our guns to each other. We borrow each others crap and do each other favors.
    But some of the stories he told me are... appalling. Specifically drug busts, if you run when busted.... consider yourself lucky if you only get beat within an inch of your life when they catch you. Of course my usual reaction is the drug dealer deserves it.... But man I would never want to be on the wrong side of the law with him.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post

Specifically drug busts, if you run when busted.... consider yourself lucky if you only get beat within an inch of your life when they catch you.
    Of course my usual reaction is the drug dealer deserves it....
    I dont think anyone deserves, Especially since they have not been convicted of anything.

I dont think anyone deserves, Especially since they have not been convicted of anything.
    agreed. Just hard to get excited about mistreatment against the filth of the earth. But yes agreed.

I agree.

Every time I watch on of those "real life cop shows", I can't get more than 15 minute into the show without seeing at least one "actionable" violation committed by an LEO. Even when the BG is caught "dead to rights", it's like many LEOs can't help but be rude, belligerent, break the law, violate their rights, and take a bid steaming dump on the Constitution.

Sort of makes you wonder what they are teaching them at Academy these days...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

But out here in the larger east coast cities, they are like Romans occupying a city.
    And they are sure to let you know it!

Baltimore PD is not an LEA. They are an occupying mercenary army for a RICO organization masquerading as a "government"...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1438603.html

http://www.copblock.org/15535/baltim...k-on-activist/

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...-george-nilson
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-12-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Cops in Baltimore are murders and drug dealers themselves. I become furious everytime Baltimore is mentioned. Worse part of my life and I will never go back. I have zero trust in LEO. That's sad too because I have never been arrested for anything yet I still dispise them.

Activist Member
    I personally don't really like how people have a straight agenda to show nothing but bad videos. If I was to be running the show I be streaming the good and bad videos. Showing nothing but the bad video's only show your agenda is cause as much crap as possible. I can understand showing proof of corrupted law enforcement officials, but considering I have met many good law enforcement officers I am on both sides of the fence. In short I for one don't want to appear that I hate all LEO's and think every single one of them are corrupted. Considering I have met people who on purpose try to find any flaw with a LEO just to get attention are people I consider morons and make everyone else look bad.
    Last edited by DWCook; 06-12-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Activist Member
    Slightly off topic, but where can I get a setup like this? I be interested in setting up a cam like that in my vehicle just as an experiment.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!