• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OWN THE COP VIDEOs

William Fisher

Why not "OWN THE CIVILIAN VIDEOs"!?
I believe that those individuals who do the "OWN THE COP VIDEOs", must run accross stops where the LEO is polite, respectful and simply does their job. They won't post those because (IMHO) it doen't fit their agenda. LEOs have the same access to the dash cam through the FOIA as we do. Seems they could (should) post those stops where the civilian is an outright RICHARDHEAD and they are calm and well behaved.

Ca Patriot

There are thousands of those videos on Youtube and there are also television shows like Cops and First 48 and other shows that only portray cops in a good light.

In addition, in life you dont deserve kudos for doing things you are supposed to do.

Tucker6900

There are thousands of those videos on Youtube and there are also television shows like Cops and First 48 and other shows that only portray cops in a good light.

In addition, in life you dont deserve kudos for doing things you are supposed to do.

My dad always told me, if you do a bad job, 10 people will hear about it. But if you do a good job, 2 people will hear about it.

Daylen

I think we've seen enough videos of cops pwning citizens... These videos will stop when cops are equal in the eyes of the law instead of treated better than other citizens.

Jack House

Not sure which Cops you watch, but the one I've seen has a number of videos where the cops are behaving belligerently. Of course, the show doesn't condemn them for their actions, though.

William Fisher

If you have children, you've never complimented them for a job well done. I mean after all it is only what they're suppose to do. Thousands of good cop videos? I use to watch those shows and have more fingers (possablely including thumbs) then I've seen good cops videos. Yes BAD COPS need exposed but (IMHO) good cops deserve recognition. They would be an example to the bad ones.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

If you have children, you've never complimented them for a job well done. I mean after all it is only what they're suppose to do. Thousands of good cop videos? I use to watch those shows and have more fingers (possablely including thumbs) then I've seen good cops videos. Yes BAD COPS need exposed but (IMHO) good cops deserve recognition. They would be an example to the bad ones.

A job well done is different than doing what your supposed to do.

A cop is hired to do a certain job and they are very well compensated for their work.

They have qualified immunity and in court their word is worth more than yours simply because they are a cop.

Personally, my opinion of cops has changed dramatically in the last few years simply because the amount of times I see then doing wrong is astounding. I truely believe police officers in America today are enemies of freedom and liberty depending on where you live.

Cops in cities like LA, Chicago, DC, New York are utterly corrupt simply because they will enforce laws that are evil and lock people in cages and ruin their lives. If one of those cops saves an old ladies life by pulling her out of a car I dont really give a damn and I wont give them kudos. I know plenty of regular citizens who risk their lives to save people for free.

Good cops get recognition. They get to carry a gun and handcuffs and wear a bulletproof vest and get fat pensions and health care plans. They also do have their fans and admirers although i'm not one of them anymore.

Sig229

Personally, my opinion of cops has changed dramatically in the last few years simply because the amount of times I see then doing wrong is astounding.

I agree.
And I believe that its all due to the "War on Drugs" and now the "War on Terror". Since those two campaigns have started, American police have been overwhelmingly militarized.

It used to be that your local police officers would drive or walk around your town, be polite and professional.
They were friends of the community.

Now people dont even want to say "hello" to an officer because they fear that he/she will find some reason to hassle you.

Also, if you do manage to hold a conversation with modern police. Their speech and body language are almost like androids.
They speak in a god-like persona.

Dont get me wrong, I have met some decent police officers in my time. But it was rare.

Im at the pint in my life where I dont even want a LEO around me or my family. I just want to be left the hell a lone.
Im a law abiding citizen and I dont bother anyone.

SovereignAxe

Not only are there plenty of examples of good cops sticking it to "richardhead" citizens, but for them to post it themselves would be bad form and might even bring them disciplinary action (althought if the response to police brutality is any measure, then I'm sure it would be very light discipline).

If I do a good job at work and post a video of it to youtube, my supervisor may want to have some words with me.

since9

Campaign Veteran
It used to be that your local police officers would drive or walk around your town, be polite and professional.

I don't live in a small town (>500,000), but they still do that, here. So does our postman.

Now people dont even want to say "hello" to an officer because they fear that he/she will find some reason to hassle you.

Which people are that? I went through the line at the grocery store this evening right behind an El Paso County Sheriff's Deputy, and we exchanged pleasantries. He noticed my firearm right off, but never mentioned it. He'd just come off duty and was buying some groceries for his family. :)

Also, if you do manage to hold a conversation with modern police. Their speech and body language are almost like androids. They speak in a god-like persona.

What country is that? This isn't the experience I've had with police over the last two decades. Not here in Colorado Springs, not in Germany, S. Korea, Las Vegas, North Carolina, or Spokane WA.

Dont get me wrong, I have met some decent police officers in my time. But it was rare.

My experience is the opposite of yours, as I've met some crappy police officers in my time, but it was rare.

Im at the pint in my life where I dont even want a LEO around me or my family. I just want to be left the hell a lone.
Im a law abiding citizen and I dont bother anyone.[/QUOTE]

Sig229

I don't live in a small town (>500,000), but they still do that, here. So does our postman.

Which people are that? I went through the line at the grocery store this evening right behind an El Paso County Sheriff's Deputy, and we exchanged pleasantries. He noticed my firearm right off, but never mentioned it. He'd just come off duty and was buying some groceries for his family. :)

What country is that? This isn't the experience I've had with police over the last two decades. Not here in Colorado Springs, not in Germany, S. Korea, Las Vegas, North Carolina, or Spokane WA.

My experience is the opposite of yours, as I've met some crappy police officers in my time, but it was rare.

I guess it all depends on your locality.
I too have lived in some of the areas you have listed and never had a problem with those officers.
Especially in Colorado and Wyoming. Every LEO I worked with or met were incredibly professional and polite.

Now, when I lived in Baltimore city and here in Pittsburgh many LEO's have huge attitude problems. Hell, dont take my word for it. You can see plenty of videos on youtube with LEO's that are completely out of control in both of those cities.
And I dont and wont accept the "a few bad apples" argument. Why? Because of they were true professionals, the "good apples" would do what it takes to keep a bad apple from getting out of control and besmirching their entire police force. Especially when they know they are being recorded!

Dont get me wrong. I am a clean cut, well mannered individual who has always respected those in uniform.
I always approach or interact with every LEO I meet in a respectful manner.
So I know its not me with the problem.

But out here in the larger east coast cities, they are like Romans occupying a city.
And they are sure to let you know it!

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

I agree.
And I believe that its all due to the "War on Drugs" and now the "War on Terror". Since those two campaigns have started, American police have been overwhelmingly militarized.

Also, if you do manage to hold a conversation with modern police. Their speech and body language are almost like androids.
They speak in a god-like persona.

I'm afraid this view point on current conditions is very accurate. In fact a couple days ago on a long long road trip my brother and I were grabbing some coke at a gas station in... I THINK it was Georgia (not sure), and this LEO was standing several feet away chatting with the two cashiers. I looked at him a couple of times and he was GLARING at me. I mean I felt like I had been eye-f****d! I guess he didn't like my road-trip swim trunks. Anyway I remember thinking we need more Andy Griffins in this country.

Jack House

I prefer not to be bothered by police officers. I always welcome a friendly conversation from anyone, regardless of their profession. But cops aren't really in the business of friendly conversations. I've met some amazing people that were police officers. But then I saw them act in official police capacity and they were less than amazing. Great people, bad cops. I generally wont initiate a conversation with a police officer with few exceptions for the fact that too many are just looking for trouble, so to speak.

I know of a few that deserve a swift kick in the pants for their god-like attitudes. But that's not really the majority around these parts. I'd expect that kind of behavior from Chicago PD though.

Ya know, since we're comparing anecdotal evidence.

twoskinsonemanns

Great people, bad cops.

It's amazing what the badge does. I have a very very good friend who is a cop. We watch each other's kids. I consider him a great guy. Also he has told me he thinks OCing is great. We show off our guns to each other. We borrow each others crap and do each other favors.
But some of the stories he told me are... appalling. Specifically drug busts, if you run when busted.... consider yourself lucky if you only get beat within an inch of your life when they catch you. Of course my usual reaction is the drug dealer deserves it.... But man I would never want to be on the wrong side of the law with him.

Dreamer

Not sure which Cops you watch, but the one I've seen has a number of videos where the cops are behaving belligerently. Of course, the show doesn't condemn them for their actions, though.

I agree.

Every time I watch on of those "real life cop shows", I can't get more than 15 minute into the show without seeing at least one "actionable" violation committed by an LEO. Even when the BG is caught "dead to rights", it's like many LEOs can't help but be rude, belligerent, break the law, violate their rights, and take a bid steaming dump on the Constitution.

Sort of makes you wonder what they are teaching them at Academy these days...

Dreamer

But out here in the larger east coast cities, they are like Romans occupying a city.
And they are sure to let you know it!

Baltimore PD is not an LEA. They are an occupying mercenary army for a RICO organization masquerading as a "government"...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/19/baltimore-grandmother-locks-cop-in-basement_n_1438603.html

http://www.copblock.org/15535/baltimore-police-brutal-attack-on-activist/

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...er-bryan-kershaw-city-solicitor-george-nilson

Last edited:

porterhouse83

Cops in Baltimore are murders and drug dealers themselves. I become furious everytime Baltimore is mentioned. Worse part of my life and I will never go back. I have zero trust in LEO. That's sad too because I have never been arrested for anything yet I still dispise them.