• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MD Montgomery County police union used felons to gather signatures in ballot drive

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local...ce-union-used-felons-gather-signatures-ballot
"The notion that a felon who under Maryland law would be prohibited from voting in an election, and who at any time was at the risk of arrest by the very individuals on whose behalf he was circulating the petition, would be responsible for preventing fraud flies in the face of common sense and is truly laughable," attorneys for the county wrotein documents filed in Montgomery County Circuit Court.
I am just home from lunch with my state Senator and some neighbors, where such abuses by government employee unions was a topic, particularly during our recent ($20M tax dollars) recall boondoggle. The Senator alleged van loads traveling from poll to poll and we discussed how to prevent such abuses.