• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The $4,000 Bulletproof Polo Shirt, For the man who lives dangerously

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Apropos a couple, at least, of threads here.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?103594-Good-performance-polo

http://www.smartmoney.com/spend/dumbmoney/the-4000-bulletproof-polo-shirt-1337188343468/

For the man who lives dangerously -- but still wants to look devil-may-care -- Colombian designer Miguel Caballero offers a polo shirt with a little something extra up its sleeve: It's bulletproof. The 4-pound shirt's antiballistic panels promise to shield the wearer from a range of weaponry, though a version designed to withstand an Uzi costs a bit more than the one made to fend off a 9mm (prices range from $3,000 to $4,000 a shirt). The company, which calls itself the "Armani of bulletproof clothing," says its clothes are proven to work. In fact, most of its employees have been shot at while wearing the garments -- it's part of the orientation process. Don't worry. A spokesperson assures us there have been no work-related casualties.

Gil223

09jisaac

Apparently, Miguel Caballero doesn't know that the Uzi IS a 9mm! :uhoh: That being said... I don't think I'd buy one of his shirts. :lol: Pax...

I thought the same thing. I also didn't like the "bullet proof". No armor is bullet proof, especially things you can wear on your person.

Freedom1Man

Apparently, Miguel Caballero doesn't know that the Uzi IS a 9mm! :uhoh: That being said... I don't think I'd buy one of his shirts. :lol: Pax...

So what? It can withstand a 9mm. Who cares anyone who is really out to get you knows to use something more like a 4.6x19 with the steel core.

P.O. Ackley demonstrated that a small but fast moving round does more for getting through armor than a bigger slower moving round.

That does not mean that a light fast round goes through walls better, check 5.56 NATO vs 7.62x39. That 7.62 goes through walls better than the 5.56 NATO.

Last edited:

Gil223

So what? It can withstand a 9mm. Who cares anyone who is really out to get you knows to use something more like a 4.6x19 with the steel core.

P.O. Ackley demonstrated that a small but fast moving round does more for getting through armor than a bigger slower moving round.

That does not mean that a light fast round goes through walls better, check 5.56 NATO vs 7.62x39. That 7.62 goes through walls better than the 5.56 NATO.

So what? So where is "anyone who is really out to get you" going to get this weird-ass .22cal round? Do they have to make it themselves in their garage? SAMMI has no info on it, nor does their Euro counterpart, C.I.P (Commission Internationale Permanente). Matter of fact, nobody seems to have heard of it except you. Perhaps there's more to the name, or it was a typo?

Ackley died 23 years ago, about a year after the .338 Lapua Magnum came into its own, and a year before FNH designed and produced the 5.7x28. Also, there are very few people who are seriously "out to get" anybody. And, even if there were, they'd probably use the venerable and abundant 9mm round to do so, instead of some exotic international "spook" round.

You seem to have missed the point of the post. It, as does my above paragraph, has nothing to do with somebody "really out to get you". It has to do with the fact that the moron who makes the "bullet proof polo shirt" doesn't seem to know exactly what it's supposed to be protecting the user against, as evidenced by his statement which was essentially saying the Uzi is something other than a 9mm. Pax...