• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone carry @ Renown?

yotetrapper

I am going to see my buddy's new munchkin but I'm curious of what to expect from hospital staff.

I'd imagine, no different than anywhere else. Just curious.

renoglock22

I am going to see my buddy's new munchkin but I'm curious of what to expect from hospital staff.

I'd imagine, no different than anywhere else. Just curious.

I didn't see any signs while I was there in January about firearms but I think I heard it from staff or it was on a paper my wife and I had to sign. I am really not sure. I kept mine in my bag in the room while we were there. I know baby snatching doesn't happen that often but I was not going to be helpless if someone decided they wanted a new baby.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I went there once and carried years ago, but all I did was sit in a waiting room while the person I went with had an appointment.

Nothing was said to me, but I wasn't there for long and didn't interact with anybody.

Last edited:

renoglock22

The Security guy at my work used to work at Renown a couple of years ago so I asked him this question. He told me that they will ask you to put it in your car or ask if you would like them to hold on to it for you. Apparently they have lock boxes for this type of thing. He says it is mostly a liability issue and not an anti-gun issue. Hope this helps.

chrsjhnsn

a few yrs ago I got transported by ambulance after a wreck to renown, they made a big deal about it and got a state trooper to take it! I had to go down to state police headquarters to retrieve it...I couldn't argue much due to they had me on a backboard & I was banged up and confused.