• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WND: Guns don't kill people, fear kills people

Freiheit417

Good article for open carriers, concealed carriers and non-gun-owners alike to read:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/guns-dont-kill-people-fear-kills-people/?cat_orig=us

COSTCO's anti-gun policies and general ignorance got an innocent man killed.

Comment from the article's author, Jeff Knox:

I got a call this afternoon letting me know that the Scott family filed a negligence and wrongful death suit against Costco and some of their employees this morning. The family had tried to pursue a case against the Las Vegas Metro Police and the officers involved in the shooting, but had concluded that the legal protections shielding police and police departments from being sued were simply too entrenched to successfully overcome. Now they have filed a suit against Costco, whose policies and employees' actions directly led to Erik Scott's death.
I'll keep you posted as I learn more. -- Jeff

scott58dh

Fear Is...

Fear is an Enemy which we all must face.

We need to be pre-determined in our hearts not to allow the enemy to beguile us into believing that we are hopeless & useless to do the work that has been prepared for us to accomplish on this pilgrimage which we call life.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” FDR

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

"The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe." Proverbs 29:25

Freiheit417

You forgot “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” - Yoda :lol:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Good article and excellent points. I was the target last December of an officer responding to a MWAG call in which it was claimed I was acting suspicious. I reported this incident on the Virginia forum of OCDO. Link follows.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?38118-Open-Carry-in-NoVA&p=1671565#post1671565

It is my sincere and solid belief that the officer who responded and approached me was probably thinking that this was ridiculous and a waste of his and my time. He was apologetic and appeared to be embarrassed. The entire time, he was smiling and of a very light nature. In other words, I got the distinct impression he HAD to approach me but didn't at all like having to do this. He never asked for an ID, my name, or gave me any reason to believe he was iin any way enjoying his task.

He finished up with me very quickly, perhaps all of 90 seconds, then as I was leaving the Store (Wegman's) I saw him talking to an older citizen outside. I had to wonder if that was the man who made the initial call.