• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet and Greet! Colorado Springs, June 23rd!

jhco50

umm... Today isn't the 23rd :S

--Rob

Crap! No wonder no one was there! My whole month has gone like this. I had my truck in the shop for a differential rebuild and while there it got the worst part of the hail storm. Four days just getting my utility trailer licensed so I could use it. On and on it has gone. I think I need a vacation...and I'm retired.

Bellum_Intus

Crap! No wonder no one was there! My whole month has gone like this. I had my truck in the shop for a differential rebuild and while there it got the worst part of the hail storm. Four days just getting my utility trailer licensed so I could use it. On and on it has gone. I think I need a vacation...and I'm retired.

hahah!! Don't feel bad, I had to call my daughter and tell her "no we're not going to the meet and greet TOMORROW" lol .. so yeah, I ALMOST did the same thing :p

--Rob

M-Taliesin

Crap! No wonder no one was there!

Howdy Pardner!
It could have been worse. You might have showed up a week late instead, and missed it entirely.
At least you can reschedule and still get together with the rest of us... who will all be there...
at the appointed time and place, that is!

You know, they say your memory is the 2nd thing to go!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jhco50

Now I'm wondering who that fella was that appreciated my carrying a firearm. You know, I think we are making a difference out there. I have so many people ask me about carrying and being shocked to find out it is legal to do so. Then there are the daily people who don't bat an eye at seeing me open carry. Sure, I every so often run into someone who questions the idea, but I meet so many people daily who think it is a good thing.

Bellum_Intus

Now I'm wondering who that fella was that appreciated my carrying a firearm. You know, I think we are making a difference out there. I have so many people ask me about carrying and being shocked to find out it is legal to do so. Then there are the daily people who don't bat an eye at seeing me open carry. Sure, I every so often run into someone who questions the idea, but I meet so many people daily who think it is a good thing.

My propane driver came by to deliver yet another 100 gallons today and had no idea OC was legal.. Think I have a new training client AND a new OC'er (once he gets some training lol) out there..

Yes, I believe we are making a difference!!

--Rob

jhco50

I find a lot of people don't know that OC is legal. When I am answering questions they show a keen interest in the idea of OC. I got a kick out of a friend of mine who has seen me carry for a long time. we were sitting in a cafe drinking coffee and he was asking me about some cartridges he had that he thought were blanks (actually 148gr Wadcutters) and a revolver he owned that shot them. Turned out it was a Colt Police Positive in .38spl. He was to go to Avondale and Pueblo with me and before we got there he had his revolver strapped on. He wore it proudly all day. He is a 69 year old retired school teacher. Half German, half Cherokee Indian. It felt good to see him enjoying himself. I think the Indian was coming out, LOL.

A side story. My youngest daughter and her daughters were with us. The 3 YO thought my friend was the cat's meow and actually gave him a flower clip from her hair. We have laughed over that many times since.

M-Taliesin

Meanwhile, back at the topic...

Howdy Folks!
On our way to Alamost yesterday, we stopped by the Peak Grill in Colorado Springs to chat with the manager there about our meet and greet.
She said to make certain everybody knows to arrive by 2pm in order to get your orders in before they close the kitchen at 2:30.

That's a narrow window and you won't want to miss it because they offer some fine grub over there.

When you get there, be sure to say you're there for Open Carry. They'll know about this.

I told them we'd likely be a dozen or more, so I need to count up all the certain folks.

Remember, you need to be there to get your order in before the kitchen closes. We can stay there later, but orders must be in early enough.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
You know, I think we are making a difference out there. I have so many people ask me about carrying and being shocked to find out it is legal to do so.

I think we're making a difference, too, and I believe it's because we've taken the concept of being a Second Amendment Ambassador to heart. We're not beating people over the head with it, and we're not "in your face!" about it. We're just quietly going about our business, dressed (reasonably) well while being courteous, and patiently answering people's questions as they arise.

I had TWO such occasions pop up this morning. And a THIRD this evening!

The first was at Glen's Army Surplus, near the Colorado Springs PD main bldg. One of their finest stopped by in his cruiser to get a couple of job-related items, and we chatted for a few minutes in the store. Very friendly!

The second was the son of the owner of a vacuum cleaner store/repair place. He asked the usual question: "Are you a policeman?" but then answered it himself: "Or are you private citizen exercising your Second Amendment rights?" Turns out he's very conservative, 100% pro-2A, and we chatted for a short while about OC, as he was unaware of the rules, despite owning several firearms himself.

The third was a waiter at IHOP, with whom I talked about 10 minutes. After asking if I were a member of the police and hearing my response, I asked him if he were curious about OC, and he said, "Not really -- we get people carrying openly in here all the time; at least several a week while I'm on shift." But that opened the door to the next 10 minutes, part of which we spent talking about college and careers. :)

As for our Meet & Greet - of course I'll be there! See y'all then. :)

M-Taliesin

Reminder!

Howdy Folks!
Just wanted to provide a reminder that the Meet and Greet at Peak Grill is happening this Saturday.
That translates into "Day after Tomorrow!"

Remember it is important to arrive early enough to get your order in before the kitchen closes at 2:30 if you hope to enjoy their fine fare.

Remember to also let them know you're there for "Open Carry".

I'm personally getting all excited and looking forward to seeing everybody there, especially the new folks who have recently joined our merry band!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

I've got range 'detail' at Dragon Mans Saturday morning but should be done by noon, I'll head up to Peak Grill arriving about 130 for the early birds

--Rob

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Okay, I need to get a fix on the number of folks who will be attending, so if we can just get a roll call,
it would be helpful! Who all is coming?

I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll tomorrow... (saturday) at the Peak Grill.
I hope to arrive early(ish) in hopes of being there to meet folks as they arrive.

Unfortunately, the meet and greet for the Aurora/Denver metro area is cancelled due to lack of interest.

But the Springs has shown some enthusiasm, and I've got commitments from quite a few folks to meet up there tomorrow.
I am looking forward to seeing everybody there, and hope you enjoy the place as much as I have since being introduced to it by Since9!

See ya'll tomorrow!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

I will be there
Will have to forgive my 'tacticool' dress, I'm at the range all morning..

thanks fpr coordinating this!

Rob

Last edited:

Half Live

I know the last call for food is 2pm but what time is everyone going to be there? I might be getting there at 1230 to 1pm.