Thread: Anybody OC in North Las Vegas? Noob questions here

Anybody OC in North Las Vegas? Noob questions here

Hey guys,

I recently took a CCW course (offered by New Frontier Armory) and when I asked the instructors (who were active-duty cops) about OC'ing while having a CCW permit, they gave me the following:

• OC'ing puts a lot of police attention to you
    • If you get yourself on the police radar by OC'ing the Clark County Sheriff can revoke your CCW permit

^EDIT: Ok I sensationalized it a bit there. Read on further in the thread for my more elaborate description.

I've never heard of something like this. However, I do come from Texas (a non-OC state) so OC'ing is pretty foreign to me. Are they full of crap?

Any tips on OC'ing in NLV? Do you guys have meetups around here?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Codename46; 06-10-2012 at 02:07 AM.

I'd like to know how doing a comletely legal action could result in negative recourse from the sheriff. That is absurd. What were these instructors' names!?

I personally know the owner of NFA and he said he does not have "OC being a problem" in the curriculum...

Please give us the names of these so called instructors. They need to be called out on these lies.

[QUOTE=DooFster;1768603]I personally know the owner of NFA and he said he does not have "OC being a problem" in the curriculum...[/QUO

Maybe Guido doesn't but it seems his instructors might.
    Last edited by Vegassteve; 06-10-2012 at 02:09 AM.

My first question is that there are active duty police officers that teach CCW classes at a local gun store?

My second thought is: "That explains why it's bull****."

Guido seems like a stand-up fella here. I hear LOTS of good things about his store. This is interesting.

The last OC get-together that I attended was at a bar in NLV. I both OC'd and had a beer.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-10-2012 at 01:54 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I was going to start a thread here tonight about something similar. Maybe the two are related.

Just today I got a phone message from a former student saying his friend had just been told during his CCW class that once you have a permit you cannot OC. He wanted to believe it was false, but called me to make sure. My message back to him was very politically correct considering how pissed off I am when people tell these lies. Honestly, I don't know how it can be out of ignorance, nor do I know what they get out of such an agenda.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I would also like to point out that one of the instructors portrayed the general Open Carry movement here in a negative light. He stated that there are a group of people who would get together and just open carry along the strip, and if they were ever stopped/questioned by police that they would make a fuss about constitutional rights and things of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename46 View Post
    ... stopped/questioned by police that they would make a fuss about constitutional rights and things of that nature.
    Read that again and remind me who is making the fuss...

Quote Originally Posted by Codename46 View Post
    I would also like to point out that one of the instructors portrayed the general Open Carry movement here in a negative light.....
    Please remember that not everyone who OC's is part of a "movement." Some of us just choose to carry that way for our own reasons and we really WANT to be left alone. And guess what, the LAW says we should be!

Also remember that "Law Enforcement" is a title, not a job description.

I would write them, but I won't for fear of flying off the handle. What a mickey mouse operation. They can't even spell "perspective" correctly on their home page.

Heck yes, you take their course and you have nothin' to fear. It says so right on their web page. You have a gun, you have their training, so you will never be invaded in your home and woe be to anyone coming after you in a dark parking lot. You will never be afraid again.

Thanks, I'll keep my fear, it gives me an edge.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.