Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tuttle Mall in Columbus

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    60

    Tuttle Mall in Columbus

    I went to Tuttle Mall today for the first time since gun signs were of any concern to me. Went in at the entrance at Panera and Ruby Tuesdays. It's posted right at the door. "It is illegal to carry a firearm , deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance anywhere on these premises. Unless otherwise authorized by law, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises. Posted pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code."

    This is one of those signs that are supposed to only be use on government buildings and not private? Is this one of those concealed carry is legal since a CHL is authorization?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sparta ky
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroC View Post
    Is this one of those concealed carry is legal since a CHL is authorization?
    Open carry is also authorized by law

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroC View Post
    I went to Tuttle Mall today for the first time since gun signs were of any concern to me. Went in at the entrance at Panera and Ruby Tuesdays. It's posted right at the door. "It is illegal to carry a firearm , deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance anywhere on these premises. Unless otherwise authorized by law, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises. Posted pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code."

    This is one of those signs that are supposed to only be use on government buildings and not private? Is this one of those concealed carry is legal since a CHL is authorization?

    Those signs can be posted anywhere, it is not restricted to just government buildings. And private establishment may post them if they wish.
    And to answer your second question, no, no gun sign = no guns, period. The "unless authorized" pretty much is towards LEOs, not private civilians with permits. Even with a CCW/CHL, you still cannot carry in there.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    60
    Alright then. Thanks for the clarification. Guess Tuttle Mall can be without my business.

  5. #5
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    And while I would not bother to let the mall owners know you aren't patronizing their locations, I WOULD try to let every store owner leasing space in that mall know that they aren't getting your money due to those signs.

    I feel this will be a prolonged battle, but one that needs fought.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    60
    And I found after a quick Google search that the owner of Tuttle Mall is Simon Properties. Who also owns the Tacoma Mall which had a shooting in 2005 that injured 6 people and the Westroads Mall which had a shooting in 2007 that left 9 dead and 4 injured.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroC View Post
    And I found after a quick Google search that the owner of Tuttle Mall is Simon Properties. Who also owns the Tacoma Mall which had a shooting in 2005 that injured 6 people and the Westroads Mall which had a shooting in 2007 that left 9 dead and 4 injured.
    Any information on if the had Magic Signs posted prior to the shooting, or if they added them post?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    60
    Yes, at the time of the Westroads Mall shooting it was posted as no guns allowed. So was the Tacoma Mall as far as I can tell.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroC View Post
    Yes, at the time of the Westroads Mall shooting it was posted as no guns allowed. So was the Tacoma Mall as far as I can tell.
    So they had anti-gun signs posted..then had shootings occur...and they still think the signs work. Some people..

  10. #10
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226
    The gun buster signs pertains to concealed carry. However, it has never been challenged in court. In addition, off duty police officers carrying concealed must obey the signs.
    Last edited by Makarov; 06-12-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •