• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman In Albertsons

decklin

So I just got out of work and swung by Albertsons in Pacific (Auburn border on A street) to get a couple things. I was OC'ing my usual 1911.
As I'm bagging my groceries a woman walks behind me and exclaims, "Whoa!"
I glanced at her and she says, "You are strapped!"
She starts to walk away and I heard her say gun and unconcealable.
I finish bagging my groceries and start for the exit. I pass by her and there is a couple in front of me walking in the same direction. They cannot see me. The store is fairly crowded.
I hear the woman call out, "Watch out! Man with a gun coming up behind you!"
I immediately turn around and face her. She stops dead in her tracks.
I say, "Do you really think that's appropriate?"
Her eyes are wide, "Sorry, I was just joking."
I say, "It wasn't funny."
I turn and leave the store.
Not a single person in the store heard or saw us. If they did they gave no indication. For once it turned out to be a good thing that people don't pay attention to their surroundings.
I have heard of this happening to some of you other guys but this was really a first for me. I've had a couple people see my gun and get surprised. Usually just, "Oh, you've got a gun."
That's it. I was amazed at how loud and boisterous she was about it. I've never had an issue in that store.
I walked right by the security guard on my way in and I know he saw my weapon. He just said hi and went back to watching other people.

hermannr

Yep, it would be my guess that less than 1 in 100 would even notice. They are too involved in their own life to worry about someone else's.

We went to town yesterday, narry a peep. I don't look to see if people look, I just listen for comments. 5 stores and a bank...nada

oneeyeross

Yep, it would be my guess that less than 1 in 100 would even notice. They are too involved in their own life to worry about someone else's.

We went to town yesterday, narry a peep. I don't look to see if people look, I just listen for comments. 5 stores and a bank...nada

Yeah, but when you go to town...is it the "big" city of Omak or do you go to Tonasket....or even Molson? Heck, growing up over there, in the 60's we had people come down from the hills carrying Peacemakers..

DamonK

And who would they arrest?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

It's illegal to even attempt to incite mass panic. The law comes from people yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater back in the day before safety standards for isles and exits existed. People would literally be trampled to death.

Freedom1Man

Sounds like you ran into someone who is like my cousin.

My brother and I were at my grandpa's house to pick up a car he had given me and my brother and I were both OC so my cousin, who is a Nth degree black belt in tae-kwon-do, came out and saw my brother and I OC and proceeded to call us bad people then when the UPS guy came to deliver a package she tells him, "watch out those two have guns!." I knew the guy but it did not stop her from exclaiming how dangerous we must be.

I hate people who do that kind of stunt like that lady and my cousin pull.

amlevin

It's illegal to even attempt to incite mass panic. The law comes from people yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater back in the day before safety standards for isles and exits existed. People would literally be trampled to death.

What do you mean "back in the day". People still get trampled to death and it doesn't have to me in a movie theater. Try Wal-Mart on Black Friday.

amlevin

when the UPS guy came to deliver a package she tells him, "watch out those two have guns!." I knew the guy but it did not stop her from exclaiming how dangerous we must be.

Just tell the UPS guy "don't worry about her, we're just watching her until the Group Home can come and pick her up. She keeps sneaking out":)

Last edited:

1911er

So I just got out of work and swung by Albertsons in Pacific (Auburn border on A street) to get a couple things. I was OC'ing my usual 1911.
As I'm bagging my groceries a woman walks behind me and exclaims, "Whoa!"
I glanced at her and she says, "You are strapped!"
She starts to walk away and I heard her say gun and unconcealable.
I finish bagging my groceries and start for the exit. I pass by her and there is a couple in front of me walking in the same direction. They cannot see me. The store is fairly crowded.
I turn and leave the store.
Not a single person in the store heard or saw us. If they did they gave no indication. For once it turned out to be a good thing that people don't pay attention to their surroundings.
I have heard of this happening to some of you other guys but this was really a first for me. I've had a couple people see my gun and get surprised. Usually just, "Oh, you've got a gun."
That's it. I was amazed at how loud and boisterous she was about it. I've never had an issue in that store.
I walked right by the security guard on my way in and I know he saw my weapon. He just said hi and went back to watching other people.

Good thing the folks in front of you wern't the nervous type carrying weapons she could have got you killed

Difdi

Sounds like you ran into someone who is like my cousin.

My brother and I were at my grandpa's house to pick up a car he had given me and my brother and I were both OC so my cousin, who is a Nth degree black belt in tae-kwon-do, came out and saw my brother and I OC and proceeded to call us bad people then when the UPS guy came to deliver a package she tells him, "watch out those two have guns!." I knew the guy but it did not stop her from exclaiming how dangerous we must be.

In a fair number of places, serious martial artists (black belts, professional boxers, etc) are considered to be armed with a deadly weapon, when barehanded.

Takes quite a bit of gall for someone to get on your case for having a deadly weapon, when they ARE a deadly weapon.

Freedom1Man

In a fair number of places, serious martial artists (black belts, professional boxers, etc) are considered to be armed with a deadly weapon, when barehanded.

Takes quite a bit of gall for someone to get on your case for having a deadly weapon, when they ARE a deadly weapon.

My brother and I did point that out to her. I told her that she's a Nth degree black belt and she was more of a danger than either my brother or myself.

She really belongs in a straight jacket and is a VERY dangerous person.
She scary good at lying and misrepresenting the truth.
She and one other cousin have been the source of much conflict in my family.

Jack House

Just tell the UPS guy "don't worry about her, we're just watching her until the Group Home can come and pick her up. She keeps sneaking out":)
Awesome response!

My best friend pulls crap similar to that. Pisses me off, so I try to hide the fact I'm carrying when I'm with her. She's such a child and it's quite annoying. Still, she has been an awesome friend. For the record, she's 21 years old but acts more like she's 14 or something. Though, at last she doesn't think she's the most mature person her age ever.

That's nice, but it doesn't answer my question.

Who are the police more likely to arrest? The criminal(the idiot) or the victim(the carrier)?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

DamonK

[QUOTE)

That's nice, but it doesn't answer my question.

Who are the police more likely to arrest? The criminal(the idiot) or the victim(the carrier)?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

I really hope the law breaker. But I guess that depends on where you are.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

DamonK

The proper standard for speech is if it causes 'imminent lawless action'. (The fire~theater was superseded decades ago)

By "proper standard of speech" do you mean the legal term or common terminology? But that is generally thought to be where that specific law comes from. And it still seems to be one of the best ways to describe it in simple terms.

Last edited: