Thread: 7/8/2012: Erik Scott's family RENEWS lawsuit against Costco

7/8/2012: Erik Scott's family RENEWS lawsuit against Costco

Edit: 6/8/2012

Erik Scott was the concealed carrier who inadvertently exposed his handgun while shopping in the Summerlin, NV, Costco, and was killed by LV MPD officers while leaving the store.

The previous lawsuit against Metro PD and the officers was dropped, because of the extreme burden of overcoming their immunity. The suit against Costco was only suspended, and has now been reinstated.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/187399...ful-death-suit

The video is worth watching, and is more informative than just the text of the article.

Eyewitnesses at the inquest gave conflicting stories about whether Scott had been acting erratically, but the lawsuit will argue that no one from the store ever asked Erik to leave, that a manager was helping him during the time the caller was telling police sSott was destroying merchandise, and that Scott never once touched his weapon.

"There was none of this nonsense of him being out of control and screaming and causing a problem. By all accounts of the witnesses in the store, many of whom have not been heard from yet, that situation was painted very erroneously by the 911 call," said Scott.

According to the Scott's lawyer, Costco's own policies prohibit anyone other than a manager from calling police. The 911 caller was not a manager. They also say the store does not post signs, even today, that tell customers that guns are not allowed.

Bill Scott also hinted that he has some surprise witnesses from within the Costco organization who will bolster the family's case.
    Last edited by KBCraig; 06-10-2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Typo in thread title; thanks, MAC702!

Something's amok with that date...

But this is good news. This story needs to NOT go away for a very long time if ever.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-10-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Something's amok with that date...
    Indeed there was; edited to reflect my typo.

Plus one for knowing how to spell "amok". I've been amuck, but it involved being ankle deep in horse poop, with a shovel.

Red face +1 - 1 = 0

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Plus one for knowing how to spell "amok".
    True enough, but I think the correct word here would be "amiss," not "amok." After all, the date is not rampaging around causing destruction, it's just....not right.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

WND Commentary on Erik Scott incident

America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Activist Member
    Some of the opinions with people on that article are bit left field. "He was wrong the second he entered the store with a gun"?? I can tell half the people who responded to that article aren't fans of weapons. The never ending battle of there was no gun buster sign yet they say they don't allow firearms in the store. There not even close with this matter and people are making statements saying he was wrong for conceal carrying into the store, wtf people!
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!