• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC turns into a Big Deal - or, Kids in Candy Shop get Hands Slapped

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And not one word about booger hooks on bang switches!

stay safe.

Please be sure to follow the link at the bottom of the article - an even more egregiously-behaving person is outed there.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...p/dailytelegraph/comments/two_guys_in_a_shop/

Australian athletes are in trouble for being photographed with firearms:
Swimmers Nick D’Arcy and Kenrick Monk have been ordered to remove Facebook photos of themselves posing with high powered guns …

swimguns.jpg

D’Arcy and Monk posed with the weapons in a gun shop in the US where the Australian swimming team has been training and competing before the Olympics start next month.

Legal weapons in a legal shop. Unloaded. Not aimed at anybody. This, for some reason, is causing outrage:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
What kind of an idiot would do that kind of pose with two shotguns?

Anyone can see that they aren't the same make and model and don't match.

bob888

Them carrying guns are both an affront to Aussie crime victims as well as sign of disrespect for those athletes who died in the massacre at Munich 1972?

Gimme a break! Seriously, I think John Crook is a freaking idiot and is in the same league as the Temperace movement ladies of the 1800's!

I fail to see how posing with arms can diminish to skew one's moral standings. :(

gunns

Australia's new anthem:

"Please oh please make me a violent crime victim"

Makes me ill at people who think a picture is cause for crime victims to feel bad.

mobiushky

In the UK, the olympic pistol shooting team can't even live in the UK because the guns they shoot with are illegal in their own country. So they have to live outside the UK just so they can train and shoot for their olympic team!

At what point do you say that they aren't actually competing for their country because their country has banned them from even living in their country?

davidmcbeth

Banned
High powered guns? Give me a break! Of course, to most Aussies anything more powerful than a BB gun (probably also illegal) would be considered high powered.

Yes, I have seen questions by DA's asking "do you have any high powered guns" and I just laugh and laugh ...

They are two young men having fun ... screw their lack of a sense of humor government ...