Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endorse Richard Sanders for our states Supreme Court!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Endorse Richard Sanders for our states Supreme Court!

Many of you know, that I have a hard time endorsing any politician. I feel many are neolibs or neocons who push statist agenda over individual liberty and our constitution that protect our fundamental human rights are secondary to their agendas. I also never buy the "lesser of two Evils" argument, tyranny is tyranny whether it is tyranny light or tyranny heavy. This is the same to me as saying should we beat someone to death with a metal bat or a wood one? Like I stated in my stump speech to the politicians last year, pretending freedom and liberty is in between the Democratic or Republican party is like pretending the safest place on a train heading for a cliff is between the engine and the caboose. I also don't like the term "leader" that many politicians apply to themselves, I am not someone's property to be led about like a sheep. In this same speech I read from our State constitution Article 1 section 1. As the following video will confirm. (notice I am Open Carrying).

In line with these thoughts I have met Justice Sanders a few times now, he had no problems with my Open Carry either time. His campaign manager even mentioned how she "feels safer knowing I am carrying". Mr. Sanders has publicly advertised his opinion that our right to bear arms is just as important to our right of free speech, and against unlawful search or the right not to incriminate ourselves. He feels strongly about article 1 section 1 of our state constitution. That that our state politicians are there to protect our individual rights. He has been willing to put himself out there against peer pressure and make himself a target from both those on the left and right to protect these liberties and rights and he truly understands what the rule of law means. That government is to be restricted by law!

I urge any body who believes strongly about personal liberty, and that should be all of us gun owners, to vote Sanders, he will not compromise our right to bear arms. He will not play political games with any of our rights. I whole heartedly endorse Richard Sanders as a public official who gets it, and I plead that anyone wanting to protect any liberty they feel strongly about to do the same.

http://www.friendsofjustice.com/gunrights.html

Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 10-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

I urge any body who believes strongly about personal liberty, and that should be all of us gun owners, to vote Sanders, he will not compromise our right to bear arms. He will not play political games with any of our rights. I whole heartedly endorse Richard Sanders as a public official who gets it, and I plead that anyone wanting to protect any liberty they feel strongly about to do the same.

http://www.friendsofjustice.com/gunrights.html
    Rob,

I also concur, Justice Sanders is an unequivocal voice of liberty and freedom as designed by our founders. He has my vote again.
    Live Free or Die!

I'm going to have to look into this guy. Sounds like he would be a refreshing breath of air in a very stagnant room.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    I'm going to have to look into this guy. Sounds like he would be a refreshing breath of air in a very stagnant room.
    Justice Sanders has been on the court before, however in the last election was targeted for defeat by several liberal groups, and lost a tight election.

He has been part of several decisions that I initially diagreed with until I read the meat of the decision and realized he was right. He's a fair Justice and renders decisions that line up with the consitution and the law.

I will vote for him without hesitation!

RWR,

He has been part of several decisions that I initially diagreed with until I read the meat of the decision and realized he was right. He's a fair Justice and renders decisions that line up with the consitution and the law.
    I'd go even farther than that; after all, can you really expect to find someone you agree with 100% of the time? But Sanders is someone I support even though I still disagreed with a few of his decisions because (1) overall he's very much on the right track, and (2) he's so much better than anyone he's run against.

Well, I did my homework... I like him! Seems like a good dude, for a lawyer He's got my vote... What's he running for again?

Well, I did my homework... I like him! Seems like a good dude, for a lawyer He's got my vote... What's he running for again?
    He is running for a position on the Supreme Court of Washington. Unlike most other "authorities" he actually backs up all his decisions with the constitution and rule of law. Don't forget the August primary is coming up soon. It would be good to get him on top of the list, a recent election the elected had their votes in the same order they were listed.

Read his dissents! The guy is the real deal.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Oh yeah, read that once I posted. I'll vote for him and spread the word in my circles.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah, read that once I posted. I'll vote for him and spread the word in my circles.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you! I am a Sanders Volunteer! Can the mods sticky this thread? I feel he is the only guy running for this position we can trust to protect our rights including the right to bear arms.

Last election, I was fortunate enough to have a table next to Justice Sanders and his table at the WAC show. Over the course of the day, we had several indepth and edifying conversations. He is THE man. With nearly 30 years in LE, I had met highly ethical and well educated LEO and attorney / Judges. I also met a substantial number of the same genre who were slightly above the slime on the ocean floor. Justice Sanders is without any doubt the best qualified and ethical man for the job.

I've been able to meet with and talk to Justice Sanders on three or four occasions. I was carrying each time. Justice Sanders didn't seem to think any more of that than the fact I was wearing shoes. As it should be.

When he was running for reelection last time, I think he was expected to win a close race until shortly before the election, maybe two weeks, as mentioned above, he was attacked with little time to respond and set the record straight. He lost, but as I remember it was a narrow loss, and without the dirty tricks the state supreme court would have been manned.

Along with the Second Amendment and other civil rights, Justice Sanders has been strong on property rights. An all around great justice and good fellow.
    D Wordinger, Domestic Terrorist

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Last election, I was fortunate enough to have a table next to Justice Sanders and his table at the WAC show. Over the course of the day, we had several indepth and edifying conversations. He is THE man. With nearly 30 years in LE, I had met highly ethical and well educated LEO and attorney / Judges. I also met a substantial number of the same genre who were slightly above the slime on the ocean floor. Justice Sanders is without any doubt the best qualified and ethical man for the job.
    Well said! And thanks for sharing your perspective from LEO side too.

Quote Originally Posted by dwordinger View Post
    I've been able to meet with and talk to Justice Sanders on three or four occasions. I was carrying each time. Justice Sanders didn't seem to think any more of that than the fact I was wearing shoes. As it should be.

When he was running for reelection last time, I think he was expected to win a close race until shortly before the election, maybe two weeks, as mentioned above, he was attacked with little time to respond and set the record straight. He lost, but as I remember it was a narrow loss, and without the dirty tricks the state supreme court would have been manned.

Along with the Second Amendment and other civil rights, Justice Sanders has been strong on property rights. An all around great justice and good fellow.
    Dave I do believe we have a picture of the two of us with him in Seattle. I concur with everything you have said. I will be with Larry Nichols this weekend, getting petitions signed for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, I will also be handing out fliers for Sanders at the same time.

Handed out many fliers for Sanders yesterday, while getting petitions for the Libertarian Party , people reacted very positive towards him. I look forward to having him on our state supreme court.

Bump

Remember primaries are coming up. Primaries play an important part.

So far Sanders is the only politician (if you can call a judge that?) that is getting my state vote........the others support agenda over rights.........

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Just received my ballot. Sanders has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Just received my ballot. Sanders has my vote.
    +1 If you get a chance to meet him I highly recommend it. He is a very down to earth person who understands individual liberty.

Done... ballot goes in the mail on Monday

Done!

Cool, I haven't even got mine yet.....

Sanders ... Done. But what about the other positions up for election on the Supreme Court?
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Our Ballots will alos go back out Monday..consider it done.

Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    Sanders ... Done. But what about the other positions up for election on the Supreme Court?
    That's a good question that I would like answered as well.

August 7th

I just got a card from the NRA saying to vote for Sen Randi Becker, and Rep Gary Alexander. It says they both earned an "A rating" for for supporting 2nd Amendment rights.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    That's a good question that I would like answered as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I just got a card from the NRA saying to vote for Sen Randi Becker, and Rep Gary Alexander. It says they both earned an "A rating" for for supporting 2nd Amendment rights.
    Me too, I haven't really had time to study up on much of the others. IF I don't know about them I don't vote them.

Let's not forget the 2A isn't the only right we need to protect though. I won't vote for anyone who is in stronger support of etatism, increasing police powers, and eliminating elements of our common law heritage.

Regular Member Gilead_Gunslinger's Avatar
    mid-world (somewhere between tacoma and seattle)
    well according to their statements in the voters pamphelet both of the two sitting justices that are up for re-election are constitutionalist, so....
    Last edited by Gilead_Gunslinger; 07-23-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    I aim with my eye... I shoot with my mind... I kill with my heart....
    - The Gunslinger's Litany (paraphrased)

It has been brought to my attention that the stick figure decals on
    the back windows of vehicles are NOT pedestrian 'kill' scores, but are
    actually meant to represent family members. I'll be removing mine
    ASAP to avoid any further confusion.........

First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast