• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Endorse Richard Sanders for our states Supreme Court!

sudden valley gunner

Many of you know, that I have a hard time endorsing any politician. I feel many are neolibs or neocons who push statist agenda over individual liberty and our constitution that protect our fundamental human rights are secondary to their agendas. I also never buy the "lesser of two Evils" argument, tyranny is tyranny whether it is tyranny light or tyranny heavy. This is the same to me as saying should we beat someone to death with a metal bat or a wood one? Like I stated in my stump speech to the politicians last year, pretending freedom and liberty is in between the Democratic or Republican party is like pretending the safest place on a train heading for a cliff is between the engine and the caboose. I also don't like the term "leader" that many politicians apply to themselves, I am not someone's property to be led about like a sheep. In this same speech I read from our State constitution Article 1 section 1. As the following video will confirm. (notice I am Open Carrying).

In line with these thoughts I have met Justice Sanders a few times now, he had no problems with my Open Carry either time. His campaign manager even mentioned how she "feels safer knowing I am carrying". Mr. Sanders has publicly advertised his opinion that our right to bear arms is just as important to our right of free speech, and against unlawful search or the right not to incriminate ourselves. He feels strongly about article 1 section 1 of our state constitution. That that our state politicians are there to protect our individual rights. He has been willing to put himself out there against peer pressure and make himself a target from both those on the left and right to protect these liberties and rights and he truly understands what the rule of law means. That government is to be restricted by law!

I urge any body who believes strongly about personal liberty, and that should be all of us gun owners, to vote Sanders, he will not compromise our right to bear arms. He will not play political games with any of our rights. I whole heartedly endorse Richard Sanders as a public official who gets it, and I plead that anyone wanting to protect any liberty they feel strongly about to do the same.

http://www.friendsofjustice.com/gunrights.html

SandersandRob.jpg

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I urge any body who believes strongly about personal liberty, and that should be all of us gun owners, to vote Sanders, he will not compromise our right to bear arms. He will not play political games with any of our rights. I whole heartedly endorse Richard Sanders as a public official who gets it, and I plead that anyone wanting to protect any liberty they feel strongly about to do the same.

http://www.friendsofjustice.com/gunrights.html

Rob,

I also concur, Justice Sanders is an unequivocal voice of liberty and freedom as designed by our founders. He has my vote again.

DamonK

I'm going to have to look into this guy. Sounds like he would be a refreshing breath of air in a very stagnant room.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
I'm going to have to look into this guy. Sounds like he would be a refreshing breath of air in a very stagnant room.

Justice Sanders has been on the court before, however in the last election was targeted for defeat by several liberal groups, and lost a tight election.

He has been part of several decisions that I initially diagreed with until I read the meat of the decision and realized he was right. He's a fair Justice and renders decisions that line up with the consitution and the law.

I will vote for him without hesitation!

kparker

RWR,

He has been part of several decisions that I initially diagreed with until I read the meat of the decision and realized he was right. He's a fair Justice and renders decisions that line up with the consitution and the law.

I'd go even farther than that; after all, can you really expect to find someone you agree with 100% of the time? But Sanders is someone I support even though I still disagreed with a few of his decisions because (1) overall he's very much on the right track, and (2) he's so much better than anyone he's run against.

DamonK

Well, I did my homework... I like him! Seems like a good dude, for a lawyer :lol: He's got my vote... What's he running for again?

sudden valley gunner

Well, I did my homework... I like him! Seems like a good dude, for a lawyer :lol: He's got my vote... What's he running for again?

He is running for a position on the Supreme Court of Washington. Unlike most other "authorities" he actually backs up all his decisions with the constitution and rule of law. Don't forget the August primary is coming up soon. It would be good to get him on top of the list, a recent election the elected had their votes in the same order they were listed.

Read his dissents! The guy is the real deal.

DamonK

Oh yeah, read that once I posted. I'll vote for him and spread the word in my circles.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

sudden valley gunner

Oh yeah, read that once I posted. I'll vote for him and spread the word in my circles.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! I am a Sanders Volunteer! Can the mods sticky this thread? I feel he is the only guy running for this position we can trust to protect our rights including the right to bear arms.

Trigger Dr

Last election, I was fortunate enough to have a table next to Justice Sanders and his table at the WAC show. Over the course of the day, we had several indepth and edifying conversations. He is THE man. With nearly 30 years in LE, I had met highly ethical and well educated LEO and attorney / Judges. I also met a substantial number of the same genre who were slightly above the slime on the ocean floor. Justice Sanders is without any doubt the best qualified and ethical man for the job.

dwordinger

I've been able to meet with and talk to Justice Sanders on three or four occasions. I was carrying each time. Justice Sanders didn't seem to think any more of that than the fact I was wearing shoes. As it should be.

When he was running for reelection last time, I think he was expected to win a close race until shortly before the election, maybe two weeks, as mentioned above, he was attacked with little time to respond and set the record straight. He lost, but as I remember it was a narrow loss, and without the dirty tricks the state supreme court would have been manned.

Along with the Second Amendment and other civil rights, Justice Sanders has been strong on property rights. An all around great justice and good fellow.

sudden valley gunner

Last election, I was fortunate enough to have a table next to Justice Sanders and his table at the WAC show. Over the course of the day, we had several indepth and edifying conversations. He is THE man. With nearly 30 years in LE, I had met highly ethical and well educated LEO and attorney / Judges. I also met a substantial number of the same genre who were slightly above the slime on the ocean floor. Justice Sanders is without any doubt the best qualified and ethical man for the job.

Well said! And thanks for sharing your perspective from LEO side too.

I've been able to meet with and talk to Justice Sanders on three or four occasions. I was carrying each time. Justice Sanders didn't seem to think any more of that than the fact I was wearing shoes. As it should be.

When he was running for reelection last time, I think he was expected to win a close race until shortly before the election, maybe two weeks, as mentioned above, he was attacked with little time to respond and set the record straight. He lost, but as I remember it was a narrow loss, and without the dirty tricks the state supreme court would have been manned.

Along with the Second Amendment and other civil rights, Justice Sanders has been strong on property rights. An all around great justice and good fellow.

Dave I do believe we have a picture of the two of us with him in Seattle. I concur with everything you have said. I will be with Larry Nichols this weekend, getting petitions signed for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, I will also be handing out fliers for Sanders at the same time.

sudden valley gunner

Handed out many fliers for Sanders yesterday, while getting petitions for the Libertarian Party , people reacted very positive towards him. I look forward to having him on our state supreme court.

sudden valley gunner

Bump

Remember primaries are coming up. Primaries play an important part.

So far Sanders is the only politician (if you can call a judge that?) that is getting my state vote........the others support agenda over rights.........

WOD

Sanders ... Done. But what about the other positions up for election on the Supreme Court?