Thread: State Department reverses decision on blocking re-importing MI Garands from Korea...

State Department reverses decision on blocking re-importing MI Garands from Korea...

This is a bald-faced ploy to try and show that Obama and Hillary are NOT pro-gun-control. Don't buy the lie.

Buy the guns, but don't buy the lie...

http://www.guns.com/us-re-importing-...plus-8591.html
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-10-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

This is the first time I've seen that the rifles will be imported through the CMP. I think that may be incorrect. Either way, I look forward to them coming in! I hope they bring home the Carbines, too!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    This is the first time I've seen that the rifles will be imported through the CMP. I think that may be incorrect. Either way, I look forward to them coming in! I hope they bring home the Carbines, too!
    The won't be "imported through the CMP". They will be sent back to the DOD, who will then turn them over to the CMP. The CMP may only sell--by law--firearms turned over to them by the DOD. They cannot import firearms themselves from commercial sources.

As for the M1 Carbines, don't hold your breath. The State Department considered them to be "assault rifles" because they are short, take magazines, and use small rifle ammo, so there is little hope that they will be allowed back in.

Because everyone knows that Bloods and Crips prefer to use under-powered deer rifles that are 36" long and weigh over 5lbs for their drive-by shootings...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The won't be "imported through the CMP". They will be sent back to the DOD, who will then turn them over to the CMP....
    Sorry. I meant: "imported for sale through the CMP." Other articles on the subject seemed to indicate it would be by private importers.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The won't be "imported through the CMP". They will be sent back to the DOD, who will then turn them over to the CMP. The CMP may only sell--by law--firearms turned over to them by the DOD. They cannot import firearms themselves from commercial sources.

As for the M1 Carbines, don't hold your breath. The State Department considered them to be "assault rifles" because they are short, take magazines, and use small rifle ammo, so there is little hope that they will be allowed back in.

Because everyone knows that Bloods and Crips prefer to use under-powered deer rifles that are 36" long and weigh over 5lbs for their drive-by shootings...
    A couple of years ago I bought one of the Italian carbines from CMP that came in. What has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    A couple of years ago I bought one of the Italian carbines from CMP that came in. What has changed?

Apparently, you missed an election...

Orest Michaels of the CMP has stated more than once that CMP wouldn't get because CMP could only deal with weapons lent to other countries and returned, not those sold as the RoK ones were. Wonder if that changed.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottNH View Post
    Orest Michaels of the CMP has stated more than once that CMP wouldn't get because CMP could only deal with weapons lent to other countries and returned, not those sold as the RoK ones were. Wonder if that changed.
    Everything I have read regarding the ROK M-1s indicates that the were on loan to South Korea. Do you have information to the contrary?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Everything I have read regarding the ROK M-1s indicates that the were on loan to South Korea. Do you have information to the contrary?
    From the CMP Forum:

The part about them being distrributed through the CMP is false. I have no idea why they came with up with that, other than to please the crowd.

http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76