Thread: ccw background wait

ccw background wait

June 18th will be the 46th day since I did my application for my ccw. I have not heard anything from them in regards to being approved/rejected.

If I still don't hear anything by june 18th, if I walk in there will they be required to issue me the endorsement according to law? This is Greene County.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hazardous0388 View Post
    June 18th will be the 46th day since I did my application for my ccw. I have not heard anything from them in regards to being approved/rejected.

If I still don't hear anything by june 18th, if I walk in there will they be required to issue me the endorsement according to law? This is Greene County.

Thanks
    Permit Issued Timeline
    Sheriff must deny or issue within 45 days. If approved, sheriff must issue within 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    Permit Issued Timeline
    Sheriff must deny or issue within 45 days. If approved, sheriff must issue within 3 days.
    Yes I understand that. But it can't be denied for an UN-just cause can it? Such as not having background information recieved yet, or whatever could be making it take the full timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by hazardous0388 View Post
    Yes I understand that. But it can't be denied for an UN-just cause can it? Such as not having background information recieved yet, or whatever could be making it take the full timeline?
    I finally had to call them an ask where the hell mine was. Took about 50 days. (Jackson Co) Never gave me an excuse....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    I finally had to call them an ask where the hell mine was. Took about 50 days. (Jackson Co) Never gave me an excuse....
    If I am remembering correctly, when CCW passed in Mo., the Jackson County sherrif at that time, wasnt a supporter of it and drug his feet, not issueing permits, stateing that (they), didnt have the manpower for it, ect.... I applied for and receive an out of state permit long before Missouri started, forced, compelled, relented, gave in, or for whatwever reason started to follow the laws on issueing permits. Im not sure how other counties handle the process or how long they take, but I know in Jackson county, if they have 45 days....it takes 45 days, or at least that has been my experience and several others I have talked to.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    If I am remembering correctly, when CCW passed in Mo., the Jackson County sherrif at that time, wasnt a supporter of it and drug his feet, not issueing permits, stateing that (they), didnt have the manpower for it, ect.... I applied for and receive an out of state permit long before Missouri started, forced, compelled, relented, gave in, or for whatwever reason started to follow the laws on issueing permits. Im not sure how other counties handle the process or how long they take, but I know in Jackson county, if they have 45 days....it takes 45 days, or at least that has been my experience and several others I have talked to.
    That and Ms. Montgomery who for what ever reason doesn't like me said she was not happy giving me a permit. Tuff, your not the sheriff...

i live in the north east corner of the state and only had a 2 day wait, i went to do paperwork and fingerprints and 2 days later they called and i went and picked up the form and went to license office gave them 5.50 and had my ccw i.d. card