• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ccw background wait

hazardous0388

June 18th will be the 46th day since I did my application for my ccw. I have not heard anything from them in regards to being approved/rejected.

If I still don't hear anything by june 18th, if I walk in there will they be required to issue me the endorsement according to law? This is Greene County.

Thanks

Jim40Cal

June 18th will be the 46th day since I did my application for my ccw. I have not heard anything from them in regards to being approved/rejected.

If I still don't hear anything by june 18th, if I walk in there will they be required to issue me the endorsement according to law? This is Greene County.

Thanks

Permit Issued Timeline
Sheriff must deny or issue within 45 days. If approved, sheriff must issue within 3 days.

hazardous0388

Permit Issued Timeline
Sheriff must deny or issue within 45 days. If approved, sheriff must issue within 3 days.

Yes I understand that. But it can't be denied for an UN-just cause can it? Such as not having background information recieved yet, or whatever could be making it take the full timeline?

Richieg150

I finally had to call them an ask where the hell mine was. Took about 50 days. (Jackson Co) Never gave me an excuse....

If I am remembering correctly, when CCW passed in Mo., the Jackson County sherrif at that time, wasnt a supporter of it and drug his feet, not issueing permits, stateing that (they), didnt have the manpower for it, ect.... I applied for and receive an out of state permit long before Missouri started, forced, compelled, relented, gave in, or for whatwever reason started to follow the laws on issueing permits. Im not sure how other counties handle the process or how long they take, but I know in Jackson county, if they have 45 days....it takes 45 days, or at least that has been my experience and several others I have talked to.

Jim40Cal

If I am remembering correctly, when CCW passed in Mo., the Jackson County sherrif at that time, wasnt a supporter of it and drug his feet, not issueing permits, stateing that (they), didnt have the manpower for it, ect.... I applied for and receive an out of state permit long before Missouri started, forced, compelled, relented, gave in, or for whatwever reason started to follow the laws on issueing permits. Im not sure how other counties handle the process or how long they take, but I know in Jackson county, if they have 45 days....it takes 45 days, or at least that has been my experience and several others I have talked to.

That and Ms. Montgomery who for what ever reason doesn't like me said she was not happy giving me a permit. Tuff, your not the sheriff...

pastor

i live in the north east corner of the state and only had a 2 day wait, i went to do paperwork and fingerprints and 2 days later they called and i went and picked up the form and went to license office gave them 5.50 and had my ccw i.d. card