• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are Oklahoman's ready for this?

OC for ME

The only folks that 'need to be ready for OC' is every LEA across Oklahoma.

The citizen has the choice to OC or CC or No C, not LE.

I would focus my efforts, and I have in my little neck of the woods, ensuring the local LEA in your little neck of the woods has a clue about the law and what exactly they are empowered and authorized to do. Especially what they are not empowered or authorized to do. Get the 'local sheriff' and review the law.

Oh, and make sure you local electronics store has a slew of recording devices.

OKOCA, start a fund for that first 'test case'.

Other than this, well done OK and carry on.....after Nov. 1 that is.

hermannr

I have OC'd in WA since July 1970. Never had a bad LE encounter. Actually, only had one LE encounter and that lasted all of two words. Him "Hunting?" Me "yep". I was loading up with supplies at a grocery store, not in my home county. (but that was with a big 6" Colt Revolver, not my normal carry.

Actually, in my home county at that time we had an elitest, anti-commoner gun carry Sheriff...but he also knew the law and left us alone.

My one piece of advice. Do not act like a nervous Nelly. It attracts negative attention. OC is a legal activity, act like it is normal, and guess what? No-one will notice.

acmariner99

Since OK. has reciprocity with Washington State. will A washington LCCW (CPL) be legal for OC if visiting down there.

Shame I will be visiting before the new law goes into effect. Should be interesting figuring out how to conceal a full size XD in 90 degree weather.

Aknazer

Shame I will be visiting before the new law goes into effect. Should be interesting figuring out how to conceal a full size XD in 90 degree weather.

It is actually pretty easy as my EDC is an XDm 40, though it has the 3.8" barrel instead of the usual 4.5" barrel. Though I carry it at the 10-11 o'clock position (im a lefty) instead of the usual small of the back spot. For a shirt I use casual button up shirts that are untucked (though my tee shirts work just fine). For the holster I use a blackhawk nylon holster that works well for that type of carry (I wouldn't like to use it for back carry). I can use pants or shorts with little to no issues, but a belt is still nice to help prevent it from moving (more important depending on what you're doing).