• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aussie Swimmers punished for pose with guns in US gun shop

oldbanger

Last edited:

oldbanger

In what will also lead to accusations of double standards, the sporting body gave its blessing for shooter Lauryn Mark to strip down for Zoo Weekly magazine.
AOC spokesman Mike Tancred said the governing body was not cancelling the shoot[sic].

laurynmark.jpg

"She is a professional shooter, a gun is the tool of trade for her, and she treats it with the ultimate respect[sic]," Tancred said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/swimming-australia-under-fire-after-athletes-attend-shooting-session-at-a-canberra-rifle-range/story-e6freuy9-1226390589971

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So they have evolved from an island of outlaws into oppressive twits. But at least they let hot girls wield guns. Oh yea and in the navy they will pay for a womans boob job............It saves on life jackets.

thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers-1.jpg

stay safe.

Daylen

Shotguns and a compact size pistol are high powered!? Is "high powered" the new "assault weapons" type word?

Dreamer

Apparently, for the Aussie Olympic Committee, these photos don't reflect poorly on the Aussie Olympic team:

lauryn-mark-180299_thumb_585x795.jpeg

But THIS one does:

nick+d%27arcy+posing+with+gun

Don't get me wrong--I think Ms. Mark is an attactive young woman, despite the fact that she has obviously mutilated her body with surgical augmentation.

And these two swimmers are pretty obviously a couple of Mad Mad wannabee tools who probably could shoot through a hole in a ladder.

But I have yet to find any Australian law that prohibits being a testosterone-overloaded tool. And it's a good thing, that, or where would we get all those great movies about testosterone-overloaded tools like Mad Max and Crocodile Dundee, not to mention the biggest Aussie tool of all, Mel Gibson?...

Being a testosterone-overloaded tool is sort of part of the Australian Male Mythos, and without such behavior, this desert island would be a pretty bleak and weird place full of wacky marsupials and a native population who believe they are descended from extraterrestrials from Sirius...

Last edited by a moderator: