• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit fireworks, no place for CPL and OC folks

Bailenforcer

David Duke is as dumb as a stump, and thinks he is intelligent. Only he and his silly followers think so...

In any demographic you can find someone like this. You know David Duke, etc... They all have one thing in common, hate.

So this joker does not agree? Who cares? Not me, and hopefully the majority of good people here.

budlight

Whether you want to admit it or not, vast portions of Detroit's problems stem from suburban white fear, hatred, jealousy and even admiration (think sports) of the black community. It's not bating, it's fact.

People who don't understand Detroit fear it for erroneous reasons, and much of that stems from racial issues. Not personal racial issues, but societal ones.

Stats on danger don't take into account specs on what types of things victims were doing or wearing. Using the excuse "it's so dangerous!" as a reason to never visit is fine, but it's also an inappropriate thing to try to tell others to do the same, in particular when you have no experience there.

Anyone who doesn't understand what I'm getting at, well they probably won't, and will choose to disagree rather than face reality as it exists, so I see little reason to describe my take on it further.

Once again I didn’t bring race, color, creed, etc in my statement that Detroit is a dangerous city to be in. I spoke on facts that are in the FBI crime statistics and on the news everyday. You are stating that blacks are dangerous and the problem, I never said or inferred that. Perhaps you looked at the statistics and saw the high number of violent crimes committed by blacks…..I never brought that up, you did.

Do we need to get into a politically incorrect debate? It seems you want to get into a debate to show how those who feel they are “entitled” or “wronged” are owed something because of their skin color. I’m sorry, but slavery was outlawed 150+ years ago and NOBODY is owed anything. If someone wants to make something of themselves, the power is in their hands! Nobody owes anything to anybody.

Now when I say the power is in their hands, I mean to change their course of life. Not to pull a weapon and rape, rob, or steal. I know that it is the norm down there, but that is not a way of life, contrary to what one might believe.

Bottom line, I’m tired of people turning facts into racism and prejudice. I didn't even mention race, color, or creed and my post was turned into a "black" thing. Get an education, get a job, and earn what you want. Don’t rely on handouts from the government and people who feel they owe you something because you are a certain race! My family didn’t own slaves so I can honestly look you in the eye and say I don’t owe you jack….now get a job!

Also there have been a high number of people who were minding their own business and not wearing something that says rape, rob, or steal from me, and they were still the victims of a violent crime in Detroit. How many of these people would have had the same fate in the suburbs…..NOT MANY? Let’s also not forget that after the fact the police never responded or showed up hours after. I could go on, but I think I made my point to those who can see reality.

Last edited:

budlight

"Whether you want to admit it or not, vast portions of Detroit's problems stem from suburban white fear, hatred, jealousy and even admiration (think sports) of the black community. It's not bating, it's fact."

This statement makes NO SENSE. How are the violent crimes committed by blacks in Detroit caused by whites who stay in their own neighborhoods? When a black person is killed in a car jacking, drive by, etc, it's still the white person's fault????

Please help me understand how I contributed to crime by being a law abiding white citizen?

stainless1911

Banned
Like I said in a previous post, a wise man picks his fights carefully.

Taking your countries cities and citizens security seriously is a cause worth fighting for. So is taking the .gov by the hand, or ear, and leading it where you want it to go. Sometimes you have to show by example what it is that you want.

Taking 100 armed carriers down there will do nothing positive if the rest of the city does not want you there doing such, so your confrontation suggestion fails on it's face. You can't help those (City of Detroit) if they do not want your help.
I suspect not. Maybe the crayons are in order. really?

It isn't about playing samaritan and helping someone. It's about principle.

...and it would take more than 100 armed citizens to correct this problem.

Last edited:

Michigander

This thread has gone absurd in multiple ways, and I'm done posting in it. I stand behind what I said, but this is a run around cluster****, and I won't be participating in it. It does us no good to have conversations that sink to this level.

Anyone interested in my opinions would do best to PM me, because I won't be posting on this topic again. If anyone chooses to PM me regarding this topic, and opts not to be a dick, I'll be happy to respond. :)

Last edited:

budlight

This thread has gone absurd in multiple ways, and I'm done posting in it. I stand behind what I said, but this is a run around cluster****, and I won't be participating in it. It does us no good to have conversations that sink to this level.

Anyone interested in my opinions would do best to PM me, because I won't be posting on this topic again. If anyone chooses to PM me regarding this topic, and opts not to be a dick, I'll be happy to respond. :)

Some people stated pure facts. Others took the facts, added to them, and tried to make it into a racist point. Remember, the OP never stated race, color, or creed! Also I stand behind my original post as it had NOTHING to do with race, it had to do with the extremely high crime rate!

Last edited:

ManInBlack

This is the stupid, asinine, ridiculous s*** you posted:
Whether you want to admit it or not, vast portions of Detroit's problems stem from suburban white fear, hatred, jealousy and even admiration (think sports) of the black community. It's not bating, it's fact.

Why are you surprised that you are getting called out for such a moronic statement? We didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday; each and every one of us has been exposed to the race card being played our whole lives...I have to say, this was one of the more egregious examples of it. You really give Jesse and Al a run for their money.

Again, none of the righteous condemnation you've received here is undeserved, nor should it surprise you. Idiots deserve to be clubbed over the head with the big stick of truth, and your beating has just commenced.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

budlight

This is the stupid, asinine, ridiculous s*** you posted:

Why are you surprised that you are getting called out for such a moronic statement? We didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday; each and every one of us has been exposed to the race card being played our whole lives...I have to say, this was one of the more egregious examples of it. You really give Jesse and Al a run for their money.

Again, none of the righteous condemnation you've received here is undeserved, nor should it surprise you. Idiots deserve to be clubbed over the head with the big stick of truth, and your beating has just commenced.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

+1000

Bailenforcer

Yes you obviously fail to get it, so crayons are in order, if you can even grasp that. I will do everyone a favor and place you on ignore like I should have done over a year ago. Then I won't see your many posts about your failures at getting a clue about life and how everyone hates you. Sometimes in life one has to look at the man in the mirror as my father told me, and I do every day and examine him (me) with scrutiny, something you need to do.

You as always took my thread out of context to stand on a soap box pounding your chest about how you have all the answers, take a look at your many failings then ask if maybe that soap box should stay put away till you are mature enough to use it. You often on this site stand in judgment of others while ignoring the things you do and say here, most of it drives the many batty trying to understand your inane logic.

You can bitch all you want that people should do something about this or that, but lead by example and clean your own messes up first.

You are now blocked because I have a low tolerance for stupidity, maybe that places the blame on me, then so be it.

Taking your countries cities and citizens security seriously is a cause worth fighting for. So is taking the .gov by the hand, or ear, and leading it where you want it to go. Sometimes you have to show by example what it is that you want.

It isn't about playing samaritan and helping someone. It's about principle.

...and it would take more than 100 armed citizens to correct this problem.

stainless1911

Banned
Since I obviously have to spell it out for you...
I was not condoning lawlessness. If laws would be broken, then it is those laws that need to be changed. There is a difference in law breakers and criminals.
The gang problem needs to be fixed, there are 3 ways to do that. 1, the gangs see the error in their ways, apologize, and go home. 2, The .gov decides to treat them as the enemy, and declares war on them. or 3, open season is established, and the people deal with it.
We have entrusted the .gov (foolishly) with this problem, and they have failed. Again.
Our cities are worth making a stand, and if necessary, fighting for
Our people are worth making a stand, and if necessary, fighting for.
The cities and streets belong to the citizen, not the gangs.
Running from your problems, or skipping an outing won't fix it.
If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Yet all you can do, is tell me that I am as one of them, insult my intelligence, and fail to come up with a solution that you think would work.

All I know, is that nobody is going to do anything about this problem, and that it will continue.

ManInBlack

Our cities are worth making a stand, and if necessary, fighting for
Our people are worth making a stand, and if necessary, fighting for.

Detroit is not worth fighting for. The people of Detroit have made this loud and clear by their voting decisions for the past 50 years or so.

I'm not going to risk my neck for folks that are solely responsible for the mess they've gotten themselves into.

However, if you'd like to take your government-dependent money, fill up your car, drive down there and prance around so you can feel like you aren't reliant on government, and are making a stand for the downtrodden, please, be my guest.

stainless1911

Banned
And history repeats. Insults, with no solution. Remarkable.

The city doesnt belong to only the residents, it belongs to the citizens.

People arent going to invest in a crime ridden area. Since I don't have time to explain that further, I'll let you guys play with it until I get home.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
You all know that there will be gang violence at any fireworks demo detroit put on. They have even advertised it.

My thoughts..........If you are walking thru life and you see a pile of dog poop, do not step in it. Detroit has the government it deserves and only the voters can fix it.

PDinDetroit

I have some new information pertinent to the Original Post:

1. Building Tenants are being asked to leave work early afternoon on June 25th (day of Fireworks) unless there is a specific business need.
2. No RenCen Building Access after early afternoon without "Special Approvals" even for Building Tenants (security will be posted at every entrance). I believe that this will affect the PeopleMover Stop at the RenCen.
3. RiverWalk (between RenCen and the River) is currently under review for fireworks watching and may not be open (News Media to provide updates).
4. Deliveries to RenCen stopped prior to early afternoon.

In the past, I have seen Tower/Floor Restrictions enforced and extra security around, but never complete RenCen Shutdown without a "Special Approvals". Additionally, I have never seen the RiverWalk discussed that it would not be open for Fireworks Watching (was wondering why the Free Ticket Raffle email had not yet come out).

To me, this is more than Rumor...