• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - Va. AG says 18 year olds may keep hidden guns in cars without permits

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.examiner.com/article/va-...sts-may-keep-hidden-guns-cars-without-permits

SNIP

In Virginia, like most states, adults aged 18 and over may own and openly carry firearms, including handguns, in public without any need to register their guns or obtain a permit to open carry. But in a little noticed attorney general opinion last month, Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) issued a formal opinion on concealed carry in which he said that . . .

TFred

I find it fairly ironic, that aside from the clarification on secured not necessarily meaning locked, the opinion is really fairly close to the wording of the statute itself... and is nothing more than the plain text meaning of the words as any competent person would read them to mean.

Thanks to the judicial system for requiring a restatement of the obvious.

TFred