Thread: Warning Signs of Violence

Warning Signs of Violence

Found this very helpful list in my health textbook.

http://i.imgur.com/gHSjR.jpg

Everybody has access to weapons and everyone is potentially violent.

Wow! No propaganda there, huh? Next time somebody is being mugged or somebody is shooting up a restaurant, all you have to do is call a cop. That's why they're the teachers!
    Last edited by hjmoosejaw; 06-10-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbait View Post
    Found this very helpful list in my health textbook.

http://i.imgur.com/gHSjR.jpg
    I was about to refer to you in ways that would bring into question your intelligence. After I hit the reply button, though, I found the ": rolleyes :" code. I then realized that you were being sarcastic.

It is a very misleading list. If it wasn't then most users of this site (and a majority of people in the United states) would be behind bars for violent acts.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Life is inherently violent, always has been and probably always will be. The planet we live on is violent with earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanos, etc. Animals in the wild are violent when they kill their prey. To expect it to be otherwise is unrealistic. What most of us don't expect is violence against ourselves. This is also unrealistic, judging from the news we see in the media every day. We should expect it and be prepared for it; after all, isn't self defense why we carry?!?

I think the information in this textbook does a great disservice to those who read it, right along with all the other propaganda that we shouldn't defend ouselves, just call the police and everyone will be fine. which we all know will probably get us killed.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

"Don't use a weapon...to defend yourself."

What should I use? Harsh language? This is a prime example of rendering our society into nothing but large, inept, dependent infants.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    "Don't use a weapon...to defend yourself."

What should I use? Harsh language? This is a prime example of rendering our society into nothing but large, inept, dependent infants.
    No, you should ask them, very very nicely not to hurt you too much.

Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to discuss your views. Is this book a new edition co-authored by Hillary and Michelle?
    Last edited by jbone; 06-11-2012 at 03:05 PM.

I guess Iam violent

I guess Iam violent,I have a facsination with shotguns,and handguns.

Sen. Barack Obama better not mess with his running mate Joe Biden’s guns…or else.
    Then Senator Biden threatened then Senator Obozo. Biden is a gun owner, and clearly a violent person.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...hat-joe-n-9-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    No, you should ask them, very very nicely not to hurt you too much.
    Yeaaaah, cowering on my knees, pleading for my virtue, is not my style.

On an off topic note; isn't it funny how society demonizes both genders for desiring self defense, but when Hollywood portrays a tough, no nonsense feminist that can kick balls and dominate emasculated men with one cutting remark, society eats it up, because: "She can take care of herself!"

Yeaaaah, cowering on my knees, pleading for my virtue, is not my style.
    Then must be a violent and dangerous person!

On an off topic note; isn't it funny how society demonizes both genders for desiring self defense, but when Hollywood portrays a tough, no nonsense feminist that can kick balls and dominate emasculated men with one cutting remark, society eats it up, because: "She can take care of herself!"
    Honestly, I prefer those movies over the BS women are weak Lifetime crap movies.

But yes, the hypocrisy is blatant.
    Last edited by Jack House; 06-11-2012 at 11:14 PM.