• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warning Signs of Violence

hjmoosejaw

Wow! No propaganda there, huh? Next time somebody is being mugged or somebody is shooting up a restaurant, all you have to do is call a cop. That's why they're the teachers!

Last edited:

09jisaac

Found this very helpful list in my health textbook. :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/gHSjR.jpg

I was about to refer to you in ways that would bring into question your intelligence. After I hit the reply button, though, I found the ": rolleyes :" code. I then realized that you were being sarcastic.

It is a very misleading list. If it wasn't then most users of this site (and a majority of people in the United states) would be behind bars for violent acts.

Ruby

Life is inherently violent, always has been and probably always will be. The planet we live on is violent with earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanos, etc. Animals in the wild are violent when they kill their prey. To expect it to be otherwise is unrealistic. What most of us don't expect is violence against ourselves. This is also unrealistic, judging from the news we see in the media every day. We should expect it and be prepared for it; after all, isn't self defense why we carry?!?

I think the information in this textbook does a great disservice to those who read it, right along with all the other propaganda that we shouldn't defend ouselves, just call the police and everyone will be fine. which we all know will probably get us killed.

PistolPackingMomma

"Don't use a weapon...to defend yourself."

What should I use? Harsh language? :banghead: This is a prime example of rendering our society into nothing but large, inept, dependent infants.

jbone

Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to discuss your views. Is this book a new edition co-authored by Hillary and Michelle?

Last edited:

robert1970

I guess Iam violent

I guess Iam violent,I have a facsination with shotguns,and handguns.

PistolPackingMomma

No, you should ask them, very very nicely not to hurt you too much.

Yeaaaah, cowering on my knees, pleading for my virtue, is not my style. :uhoh:

On an off topic note; isn't it funny how society demonizes both genders for desiring self defense, but when Hollywood portrays a tough, no nonsense feminist that can kick balls and dominate emasculated men with one cutting remark, society eats it up, because: "She can take care of herself!" :question:

Jack House

Yeaaaah, cowering on my knees, pleading for my virtue, is not my style. :uhoh:
Then must be a violent and dangerous person! :uhoh:

On an off topic note; isn't it funny how society demonizes both genders for desiring self defense, but when Hollywood portrays a tough, no nonsense feminist that can kick balls and dominate emasculated men with one cutting remark, society eats it up, because: "She can take care of herself!" :question:
Honestly, I prefer those movies over the BS women are weak Lifetime crap movies.

But yes, the hypocrisy is blatant.

Last edited: