• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

saw a gun drawn while taking trash out

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
> be walking outside sunday night 8pm with your trash cans, open carrying IAW 790 because you are at your home

> walk out of garage, look left, see a man 2 houses down light jogging from house to road with a handgun drawn at a child standing by a car parked in front of the house

>MFW
308-ahhh-my-face-when.jpg

>gunman approaches car and kid says, "don't shoot me with that thing" all nonchalant - they appear to know each other, assume it was an airsoft gun

>
165-everything-went-better-than-expected.png

In retrospect I wish I had let them know wtf it looked like was happening. If the wrong person had saw that someone could have george Z'd his ass with out thinking about it. I mean, there was no way to tell if that thing was a toy or not, and at THAT EXACT MOMENT IN TIME it was a 110% real gun. In my mind at that split second I was convinced I was about to witness a shooting.

I will never let my kids play with airsoft guns when they're old enough, at least not outside of a designated airsoft/paintball field.

There have been a couple times in my life where my stomach flipped upside down, once was when I saw an airman standing in front of a running jet's intake (right in front of it!) while it was idling, and the other was tonight.

Last edited:

Xulld

This illustrates how important it is to know what is going on before getting involved. I agree, this is why I am not interested in air soft, at all.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
This illustrates how important it is to know what is going on before getting involved.

110%

when you see a gun drawn on someone by a car in the street - for all you know they are stopping a kidnapping or something. don't get involved unless you 10000% sure you're right. be a good witness instead.