• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proof Mothers Never Stop Embarrassing Their Children

NoTolerance

It's something of a tradition. For years now, my brother and I take our grandfather to breakfast on Sunday mornings. Often, our father and my son will come, too. It's kind of nice having 4 generations of family represented.

This past Sunday, my mother and grandmother joined us.

As we're walking out of the restaurant, my brother, in typical smart alec fashion, points at my hip and says, "You got a license for that?" "I don't need one for this," I replied.

By this time, we're on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant. Meanwhile, my mother hones in on the conversation. She looks down, sees what we're talking about, and says in complete amazement, "Oh my God - I didn't even know you had that!" "Don't feel bad. Most people don't notice," I smile.

Then - and here's the great part - she grabs my grandmother by the arm, turns her around to face me, points at my hip, and says loudly (so busha can hear) and still in complete wonderment, "Mom, look! He has a gun!"

I can instantly feel all the eyes of the patrons in the restaurant on us, as some woman is pointing at the MWAG outside... :eek:

It kind of makes me wonder if she's noticed all the times I've OC'd at her house...

So there it is. I submit for your approval: Mothers never stop embarrassing their children.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's something of a tradition. For years now, my brother and I take our grandfather to breakfast on Sunday mornings. Often, our father and my son will come, too. It's kind of nice having 4 generations of family represented.

This past Sunday, my mother and grandmother joined us.

As we're walking out of the restaurant, my brother, in typical smart alec fashion, points at my hip and says, "You got a license for that?" "I don't need one for this," I replied.

By this time, we're on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant. Meanwhile, my mother hones in on the conversation. She looks down, sees what we're talking about, and says in complete amazement, "Oh my God - I didn't even know you had that!" "Don't feel bad. Most people don't notice," I smile.

Then - and here's the great part - she grabs my grandmother by the arm, turns her around to face me, points at my hip, and says loudly (so busha can hear) and still in complete wonderment, "Mom, look! He has a gun!"

I can instantly feel all the eyes of the patrons in the restaurant on us, as some woman is pointing at the MWAG outside... :eek:

It kind of makes me wonder if she's noticed all the times I've OC'd at her house...

So there it is. I submit for your approval: Mothers never stop embarrassing their children.

Yeah, but they do so out of love and compassion for us..........at least most of them.

Mothers are special. Enjoy her while you can. :D

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
She should feel honored that you care enough about the security of your family to do so.
Many others will rely on the local police to show up in time to stop a violent crime, but these people have probably never had an attack against them to see how long an emergency response can take.

NoTolerance

If I gave the impression she was upset I was carrying, then I did a poor job telling my story and apologize.

Apart from my own embarrassment of having my mother "make a scene" - and a very small one at that - it was probably more of a positive OC encounter.

I got the sense from her comments that she had assumed that someone OCing would adopt a bloviated tough guy demeanor, would be defiant and arrogant, etc. Having realized that she had been in the presence of an openly armed person for the past hour without having any clue caught her off guard.

I took her wonderment and shock as more of a compliment that there's no discernable difference to a bystander about my demeanor while carrying.

MKEgal

NoTolerance said:
Having realized that she had been in the presence of an openly armed person for the past hour without having any clue caught her off guard.
I've had the same experience, several times, including with my lawyers.
Despite being OC with a black holster & pistol, wearing a white shirt & tan shorts, they were surprised.

hermannr

Reminds me of my mom, except the "tough guy" part. Mom had no problem with OC. Her oldest brother used to OC back in the late 20's and early 30's before he died of TB. Every time she would notice my carry she would talk about that brother, how she inherited that old Iver Johnson 32 and had turned it in to the RCMP in 1934.

Last edited:

Helorob

Been there

or worse yet spit on a hanky and wipe off smudged BBQ sauce off your firearm

I can hear it now: "Good Lord! Can you imagine if somethin happens and you have to go to the Emergency Room with a dirty gun!" "Straighten up! Tuck that shirt in! and keep that gun shiny! No kid of mine is goin around with a gun lookin like that."

:)

That reminds me,... Iv'e got to go talk to my kids. Sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves,..... and our relatives.

Rob

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

Your Mom might surprise you....
15yg2g6.jpg

Courtesy of Oleg Volk