Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this forum, saying Hi

New to this forum, saying Hi

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am a mom of two, been OC'ing for about a month now. I tend to OC out shopping. I OC all the time when I am out running or walking with my kids.

I love my Glock its my third baby. Over all have had good experiences with OC'ing.

Founder's Club Member
    Welcome to OCDO GlockMom! It's good to have another carrier, especially a lady firearm carrier here with us.

Welcome! OC'ing is not just "for the boys"! Great to hear you take personal protection seriously. I would love it if my wife would carry! That would give me some added peace of mind. Anyways, keep up the good work and let us know if you have any questions. One thing were not short of is information and opinions!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Welcome!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Welcome!

Welcome to the Open Carry Forum! Be sure you join VCDL and get the e-mail alert.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Welcome from the female side of the membership!

Glad to see more and more of us open carrying.

Name:  welcome.gif
Views: 191
Size:  9.4 KBWelcome and as Wolfhound said join VCDL, www.vcdl.org Name:  welcome.gif
Views: 191
Size:  9.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bowesmobile View Post
    Welcome! OC'ing is not just "for the boys"! Great to hear you take personal protection seriously. I would love it if my wife would carry! That would give me some added peace of mind. Anyways, keep up the good work and let us know if you have any questions. One thing were not short of is information and opinions!

+1

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Bowesmobile

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    +1
    When the call is made and the chips are down, we will lay the facts on the table.

Women carrying is great. Women OCing is golden. Women OCing w/children goes platinum.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Originally Posted by Bowesmobile

When the call is made and the chips are down, we will lay the facts on the table.

Women carrying is great. Women OCing is golden. Women OCing w/children goes platinum.
    I can personally attest to the amount of knowledge of the people on this site. What I ment by highlighting "opinions" was not to say that they are not uninformed but rather all but iron clad fact. This is one of those moments when you said something with a perfect understanding of what you ment but read it back and realize it sounds like something entirely different. OOPS. Sorry. I agree women carrying is great. As soon as we get back from our summer driving we are getting her a gun to OC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    Welcome to the Open Carry Forum! Be sure you join VCDL and get the e-mail alert.
    Thank you all, and Yeah I intend to join VCDL. I am a member of the NRA already.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockMom View Post
    Thank you all, and Yeah I intend to join VCDL. I am a member of the NRA already.
    The NRA is good and not to slight them, but their stance on OC is less than stellar.

VCDL on the other hand is the driving force behind VA gun rights and a grassroots organization that has served as a model for others around this country............and they won't constantly ding you for funds.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Sorry I'm late - been busy trying to have a life.

Welcome to OCDO. Please try to make some of the meet&greet events in NOVA. Member Ed has set up a Sunday breakfast and a monthly dinner up there on the front lines.

I know you are the FNG of the moment here, but if you could get the Roanoke picnic on your schedule your presence with the kids would be a great contribution to the cause.

Mark your calendars! VCDL is having an "Oh, yes we can!" picnic at a Roanoke County Park on Saturday, July 14th! Big turnout requested.

HISTORY

Roanoke has an ordinance on their books that is so poorly written as to be almost impossible to understand, but could easily be misconstrued to ban firearms in the County's parks:

"15-8 (6) Hunting and firearms. ... No person shall within a park use, carry or possess firearms, ammunition or combinations thereof, as expressly prohibited by statute, or air rifles, spring guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, bow and arrows, slings or any other forms of weapons potentially dangerous to wildlife and to human safety or any instrument that can be loaded with and fire blank cartridges, or any kind of trapping device ..."

EM Ed Levine communicated on behalf of VCDL with the County to fix the wording, but the County Attorney dug in his heals claiming that the wording and intent was quite clear. Yep - clear as mud. The bottom line is that the County CANNOT prohibit otherwise lawful open or concealed carry in their parks.

BIRTH OF A PICNIC

What better way to get a clarification on that ordinance than for VCDL to hold a very large picnic in a Roanoke County park and let the police (and press) know we are doing so? The VCDL Board voted to hold and fund the picnic and you are invited! Thanks to Board member Al Steed Jr. for making the park arrangements.

PICNIC DETAILS

Where:

Green Hill Park, Roanoke County
    2501 Parkside Drive
    Salem, VA 24153
    Shelter #2

Directions/Map: http://tinyurl.com/6rgs56m

When:

4 PM to 9 PM, Saturday, July 14, 2012

Please RSVP with number attending to Al Steed Jr. at:

al@vcdl.org

Food:

VCDL will providing the food. However, if you wish to bring a covered dish to share, we would be happy to have it! Let Al know if you are bringing something so he can keep track of what foods will be available.
    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Skid, no having lives allowed outside ocdo.

Welcome OP from a fellow NOVA resident.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Welcome!
    I abandoned VA for WV several years ago but welcome all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Sorry I'm late - been busy trying to have a life.

Welcome to OCDO. Please try to make some of the meet&greet events in NOVA. Member Ed has set up a Sunday breakfast and a monthly dinner up there on the front lines.

I know you are the FNG of the moment here, but if you could get the Roanoke picnic on your schedule your presence with the kids would be a great contribution to the cause.

stay safe.
    I appreciate the invite. I would love to show up with the kids, however, it is last minute for us, and my schedule does not permit us to attend.

I appreciate the invite. I would love to show up with the kids, however, it is last minute for us, and my schedule does not permit us to attend.

Welcome, as the parent of four I understand about scheduling. If a month advance notice is short notice then please mark your calendar now for:
    Martin Luther King Day 2013, Monday, the 21st of January, read my signature line for more info....
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    Welcome, as the parent of four I understand about scheduling. If a month advance notice is short notice then please mark your calendar now for:
    Martin Luther King Day 2013, Monday, the 21st of January, read my signature line for more info....
    Its on my calendar. =)

Welcome! Us gals gotta stick together, and keep these fellas in line.

Its on my calendar. =)
    Maybe we can carpool? Since my carpool driver from last year up and moved to PA.

Umm. Marco - Think you better check your sig line, 'cause it looks like it has run away from home.

GlockMom - The OC breakfasts are a weekly occurance so you can work up to one in your schedule. SAme for the monthly dinners. Sorry if that was not conveyed clearly.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Umm. Marco - Think you better check your sig line, 'cause it looks like it has run away from home.

Paul,
    You might want to check your settings as it's there.

Clear your calendar's for Lobby day 2013 (Martin Luther King's Birthday), stand with other VCDL members as we send a msg to the GA that Virginia is a Pro personal defense /2A rights State (Commonwealth) and we AIM to keep it that way.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Paul,
    You might want to check your settings as it's there.

Clear your calendar's for Lobby day 2013 (Martin Luther King's Birthday), stand with other VCDL members as we send a msg to the GA that Virginia is a Pro personal defense /2A rights State (Commonwealth) and we AIM to keep it that way.
    Confirmed - sig line is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Confirmed - sig line is there.
    In BLUE font even...

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    In BLUE font even...
    Shsssh - sig lines haven't come under scrutiny.....................................yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post
    Welcome! Us gals gotta stick together, and keep these fellas in line.

Maybe we can carpool? Since my carpool driver from last year up and moved to PA.
    I would love to carpool. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast