• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

took my first OC walk this weekend

cptstoney

took my first OC walk this weekend and it felt GREAT!

i picked up a nice custom kydex holster for my FN FNX last week and couldn't wait to try it out.

woke up early saturday and took the dog out for a walk around the hood(i live in a mini spanish ghetto and my 30 lbs french bulldog doesn't really scare people). didn't run into anyone else on my walk so i didn't have any encounters to spread the OC word thru.

i was tempted to take the FNX with me on a afternoon run around burke lake but i decided to pass. i heard stories about the last time "a man with a gun" was seen in that park. :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO and the wonderful world of OCing.

Join VCDL! Get a digital voice recorder. Attend the meet&greet events.

Stop worrying about where you carry your handgun - so long as you are staing out of prohibitted places. IF cops get a MWAG call they will do whatever they will do - but most of them have figured out that the mere presence of a gun is not a threat. Expect them to show up and check out your behavior.

Remember the handgun is not a magic talisman - keep your situational awareness and be prepared to deal with most everything you encounter with anything except your handgun.

You live in a neighborhood of Spanish midgets? And a 30# French Bulldog sounds a bit, shall we say, stocky? Plus, they are creampuffs unless forced to be otherwise, aren't they?

stay safe.

BlueRidgeTrapper

threadisworthless1.jpg

Of your pooch of course!

cptstoney

Glad you had fun. If some one asked you why you carry what would you say?

the simple answer of why would be self defense, long answer would have been I was legally open carryin
while using the rights given to me in the 2a, or something along those lines.

cptstoney

Welcome to OCDO and the wonderful world of OCing.

Join VCDL! Get a digital voice recorder. Attend the meet&greet events.

Stop worrying about where you carry your handgun - so long as you are staing out of prohibitted places. IF cops get a MWAG call they will do whatever they will do - but most of them have figured out that the mere presence of a gun is not a threat. Expect them to show up and check out your behavior.

Remember the handgun is not a magic talisman - keep your situational awareness and be prepared to deal with most everything you encounter with anything except your handgun.

You live in a neighborhood of Spanish midgets? And a 30# French Bulldog sounds a bit, shall we say, stocky? Plus, they are creampuffs unless forced to be otherwise, aren't they?

stay safe.

lol midget ghetto, actually the majority of my neighbors are shorter when I think about it.

yeah 30 is on the higher side of the weight class, she is pure muscle thou, she can rock my built jeep when she is tied to the bumper.

she is a creampuff too, she'll lick your face off if you break in my house.......

ill post some pics later

vt800c

I never really 'rehersed'..but

the simple answer of why would be self defense, long answer would have been I was legally open carryin

I think I'd counter with 'Why don't you?', mention the Fairfax County 'Crime in our county' Website; then have them look around and count how many cops they can see in our immediate vicinity'; and finally I'd have them guess how long it would take the cops to respond to a 911 call and how far they think a younger, fit person cound run in that amount of time.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran

The 2nd amendment doesn't GIVE you anything, it merely prevents government intrusion on a preexisting right to self defense....:banghead::banghead:

Roscoe

Tanner

The 2nd amendment doesn't GIVE you anything, it merely prevents government intrusion on a preexisting right to self defense....:banghead::banghead:

Roscoe

1000000000000000% true!
Read amentment 9

IX."This list of rights should not be read to limit in any way any other rights of the people."

If you are new to OC then I assume you may be new to how the law acctually works. Being new myself I had to relearn or rather recondition the way I thought about things. If it been said once its been said a billion times the law does not allow us to do anything, rather it tells us what we cannot do. True there are exceptions that will allow us to do somethings but remember the absense of a law makes it legal by default. Its how we end up with a bunch of stupid laws like in FL it is illigal to park you elephant at a parking meter without "feeding" the meter. Why is that a law? Because at one time it wasent a law and some clown parked his elephant at a meter for free!!!!!FREE!!!
THAT MUST BE AGAINST THE LAW!

davestradamus

Congrats on your first carry. At first I was a little self-conscious but I got over it after a couple weeks of consistent carry. Be prepared to get evil looks, questions and even thanks sometimes. But always be aware of your surroundings even more than you would usually.

Carry on and be safe!