• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Incredulous Encounter

Kingfish

...I heard him say, "Ok, take care, dude."

Can you believe it??? Here I am nearly twice his age and he has the gall to assume such familiarity? I am no one's "DUDE"! The customer is always right, ya know. I wasn't wearing my expensive hat, but my fancy safety shooting prescription sunglasses probably cost as much as he takes home in a week!

I really should have reversed the car and demanded a supervisor for the disrespectful manner in which he treated me. Or just parked my dog in the sun, strapped on my sidearm, and stormed into the lobby demanding attention. Harumph!
You paid with a card? Should have written a check.:uhoh:

M-Taliesin

So, today was KFC.
<Snip>
Can you believe it??? Here I am nearly twice his age and he has the gall to assume such familiarity? I am no one's "DUDE"! The customer is always right, ya know. I wasn't wearing my expensive hat, but my fancy safety shooting prescription sunglasses probably cost as much as he takes home in a week!

Howdy Amigo!
While I surely did enjoy the expensive hat bit, I wasn't wearing mine either the last time I visited our local KFC.
That was better than 2 years ago.
I haven't been back since.
Sometimes, the best way to show umbrage is to simply not spend money at their establishment.

In my case, I bought a snacker that had a really large bone in it. I don't mean a little, brittle, intestine perforating bone, but a big honking, lodge in your throat, choke you to death sort of bone that can kill you dead.

I complained to the management, which didn't settle my ire. So I complained to their corporate office. That didn't provide much help either.
So then I complained to the headquarters office, I believe in Louisvillle Kentucky. Not satisfied with their excuse making efforts.
I complained to the tri-county health department and published my sentiments on an online consumer protection site.

So far as I am aware, that bone is likely still in the freezer with the date and all. I have photos if nothing else.

Point being, when it comes to KFC, don't fret about somebody calling you "Dude". Ponder whether he actually intended to day "Dead".

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
Just be careful OCing in Bldr. After talking to friends I know on BPD (who are for OCing) it is a very fine line with Ocing in Bldr and border line regulated like Denver.

I'll be careful to be polite, dress reasonably well, and follow the law. Beyond that, any incident like the one described by mahkagari in his OP is all on the liberal idiots like the one he encountered.

I think I would have ended the conversation like this:

Liberal cashier: "Where are you from that you feel you need to do that?"

Me: "Here. Where did you get the idea Boulder is free from crime?"

Mental jujitsu - use your opponents' tactics and ignorance against them.

Last edited: