Thread: Not Again! Another 'Stand the Ground' confrontation

Not Again! Another 'Stand the Ground' confrontation

Here we go again. These people are going to get us thrown out with the bath water if the Feds decide to do comething about out of control gun owners. I don't know if he has a CCL or if you can OC in Texas. If he does have a CCL he should have known better than to start a brawl and that with a gun.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/texa...ng-his-ground/

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Here we go again. [/url]

The incident involving Rodriguez happened two years before (Trayvon) Martin’s death and will be decided under a different kind of self-defense doctrine. But it offers another example of how laws governing deadly force are tested in the nation’s courtrooms and the many complex legal issues that swirl around each case.
    This case is old but hasn't run it's course yet.
    Last edited by markush; 06-12-2012 at 12:27 AM.

I don't know.............if you can OC in Texas.
    You've been a member here long enough to know how to find this out.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    srsly.

Good Point, I Will Add..

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Everybody here (and those who write about such topics) should understand that
    the Castle Doctrine ≠ Stand Your Ground ≠ Self Defense. Rather CD ⊂ SYG ⊂ SD.

≠ - does not equal
    ⊂ - is a subset of

OLD

And, if you watch the video Rodriguez made of himself confronting and then shooting the victim, there isn't even close to the same reasonable doubt we see in the Martin/Zimmermann affair. It seems pretty damn clear-cut to me that he will be convicted
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

I don't know if he has a CCL
    From the article you linked:
    Rodriguez had a concealed handgun permit.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    From the article you linked:
    Yep, missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. Please do have patience with me if I demonstrate massive ignorance on what I should know by now regarding laws from other states. I am first trying to become proficient on ours, unlike many of you who have spent massive ammounts of time on this issue and are experts. That's why I am on this blog: to get your inputs. If I still question, I'll get Glenn Grothman to help me contact the DOJ, like he did last time or I'll go on their site.
    Last edited by Law abider; 06-14-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Yep, missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. Please do have patience with me if I demonstrate massive ignorance on what I should know by now regarding laws from other states. I am first trying to become proficient on ours, unlike many of you who have spent massive amounts of time on this issue and are experts. That's why I am on this blog: to get your inputs. If I still question, I'll get Glenn Grothman to help me contact the DOJ, like he did last time or I'll go on their site.
    Hey! I resemble that remark. I was very ignorant of the laws until I discovered this forum and was pushed and shoved from all directions by great people.

I've been here for a few years and I am still learning about the laws of Wisconsin.

Keep asking your questions and please...ALWAYS LOOK UP THE ANSWER(S) YOURSELF! We should provide answers about the law(s) with links or cites so you can verify what is posted is factual. The laws change and sometimes change several times in a short period of time. What was once the answer may not be the answer the day you ask your question.

Hope you can make it to some open carry picnics and other get togethers this summer.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy