Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulled out of my apartment at gun point by swat members

Pulled out of my apartment at gun point by swat members

I had my gun on oc getting ready to leave for shopping. i went to check the mail and came back inside for about ten min and got a knock at the door. i opened the door and as i did spd identified themselves and i had a gun in my face. they cuffed me ran my id and gun and after about 20 they let me go. Guess the apt manager got a called because a neighbor called. when i calm down ill post more details and my wife got video so ill try to upload that too.
    Last edited by bennie1986; 06-11-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Wow, can't wait to see this.

Holy Cow man! That's some spooky stuff! Maybe consider posting an OCDC flyer on a community bulliten board or something. Thank God you're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I would recommend instead that after you calm down you do the FOIA request and give more details to an attorney rather than to us. Seattle PD is under the spotlight for excessive force already and you have just reason to jump on the bandwagon. You were unlawfully arrested.
    Spokane police dept.

FOIA, News, Lawyer.... thats what should happen. I really can't wait to hear more from this story.

Quote Originally Posted by bennie1986 View Post
    I had my gun on oc getting ready to leave for shopping. i went to check the mail and came back inside for about ten min and got a knock at the door. i opened the door and as i did spd identified themselves and i had a gun in my face. they cuffed me ran my id and gun and after about 20 they let me go. Guess the apt manager got a called because a neighbor called. when i calm down ill post more details and my wife got video so ill try to upload that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I would recommend instead that after you calm down you do the FOIA request and give more details to an attorney rather than to us. Seattle PD is under the spotlight for excessive force already and you have just reason to jump on the bandwagon. You were unlawfully arrested.
    Spokane police dept.
    Recommendation still applies.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Do the same thing tomorrow and make sure you call them.
    Do the same thing TWICE the day after and make sure you call BOTH times.

Third day, call first and ask when it would be convenient for them to come, you Do want to be cooperative, right?
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 06-11-2012 at 08:26 PM.

I would suggest filing a formal complaint at the least. You were drawn on, searched without a warrant, and without reasonable suspicion that you had committed a crime.

You guys are amazing. How does anyone here know the police didn't have cause? Maybe they didn't, but we don't know that, so stop acting like it's an established fact.

Exactly what would their cause be?

It could be any number of things. There's no way to know, just like there's no way to know that they didn't have any, because we don't know all the facts.

I can't believe I have to explain this to adults.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    You guys are amazing. How does anyone here know the police didn't have cause? Maybe they didn't, but we don't know that, so stop acting like it's an established fact.
    Ok Columbo, when you get all of the facts and solve this case, let me know.

We are operating on the facts that the OP gave us (its not like the OP is some noob here trolling). If you want me to use legalese, I could have prefaced with, "If the aforementioned events did indeed occur as you allege..."

I have been here for much less time than you have (on this forum as a member), and have read many times when police have done things like this without cause.

The possibilities regarding how the police came to be there really are endless.

300 or so posts on an internet forum does not establish iron-clad credibility, in my opinion.

You guys do whatever you want, but so far your behavior in assuming the police did everything wrong, and the OP did nothing wrong, is unethical.

well we do have the OP's word that he did nothing wrong. can you tell me what crime the police were investigating?

i they were not investigating a crime, why were guns drawn and why the OP handcuffed?

Now if there was no crime committed, than they arrested the OP improperly.

now waiting for further input
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    The possibilities regarding how the police came to be there really are endless.

300 or so posts on an internet forum does not establish iron-clad credibility, in my opinion.

You guys do whatever you want, but so far your behavior in assuming the police did everything wrong, and the OP did nothing wrong, is unethical.
    You are right, no amount of posts establishes iron-clad credibility.

I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the open carrier, especially after reading about some of the members on here being railroaded (skidmark comes to mind) by police abusing their power.

Perhaps I should have a healthier dose of skepticism toward the OP's story, but I don't think that is an ethical shortcoming.

Ben

Call Richard Wall 1st thing in the morning, do not post anything more, do not talk to the police until you talk to Richard Wall or another qualified attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Ben

Call Richard Wall 1st thing in the morning, do not post anything more, do not talk to the police until you talk to Richard Wall or another qualified attorney.
    Don't post anything and call an attorney.
    Live Free or Die!

Geez, what has gotten into people these days. We weren't there, and we will know more as soon as the OP is capable of saying more. Get an attorney and nail these guys to the wall! Based off what we know ... there was absolutely no reason for this.

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah. hold up.

it took the SWAT team 10 minutes to get there? really?

the only team i know that assembles that quickly is Ron Burgundy's...

GIFSoup

I know the OP personally and can vouch for his credibility. What he says happened is what happened. The SPD needs to learn from this one, they crossed the line BIG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by sirtirithon View Post
    I know the OP personally and can vouch for his credibility. What he says happened is what happened. The SPD needs to learn from this one, they crossed the line BIG TIME.

i know the cops personally- they said it didn't happen like that

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    This is good to know, I was growing afraid the police were lacking support here.

Okay, I LOL'd.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Fine, now make them prove their behavior was legal in court.
    Live Free or Die!

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah. hold up.

it took the SWAT team 10 minutes to get there? really?

the only team i know that assembles that quickly is Ron Burgundy's...

GIFSoup
    to clarify it was not an assembled swat team just a few members of swat that responded to the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Ben

Jeff, good point i will save the details until after this is over. Can u pm his number?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast