• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pulled out of my apartment at gun point by swat members

bennie1986

I had my gun on oc getting ready to leave for shopping. i went to check the mail and came back inside for about ten min and got a knock at the door. i opened the door and as i did spd identified themselves and i had a gun in my face. they cuffed me ran my id and gun and after about 20 they let me go. Guess the apt manager got a called because a neighbor called. when i calm down ill post more details and my wife got video so ill try to upload that too.

Last edited:

DamonK

Holy Cow man! That's some spooky stuff! Maybe consider posting an OCDC flyer on a community bulliten board or something. Thank God you're ok.

bennie1986

I would recommend instead that after you calm down you do the FOIA request and give more details to an attorney rather than to us. Seattle PD is under the spotlight for excessive force already and you have just reason to jump on the bandwagon. You were unlawfully arrested.

Spokane police dept.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I had my gun on oc getting ready to leave for shopping. i went to check the mail and came back inside for about ten min and got a knock at the door. i opened the door and as i did spd identified themselves and i had a gun in my face. they cuffed me ran my id and gun and after about 20 they let me go. Guess the apt manager got a called because a neighbor called. when i calm down ill post more details and my wife got video so ill try to upload that too.

I would recommend instead that after you calm down you do the FOIA request and give more details to an attorney rather than to us. Seattle PD is under the spotlight for excessive force already and you have just reason to jump on the bandwagon. You were unlawfully arrested.

Spokane police dept.

Recommendation still applies.

Fallschirjmäger

Do the same thing tomorrow and make sure you call them.
Do the same thing TWICE the day after and make sure you call BOTH times.

Third day, call first and ask when it would be convenient for them to come, you Do want to be cooperative, right?

Last edited:

badey

I would suggest filing a formal complaint at the least. You were drawn on, searched without a warrant, and without reasonable suspicion that you had committed a crime.

deanf

You guys are amazing. How does anyone here know the police didn't have cause? Maybe they didn't, but we don't know that, so stop acting like it's an established fact.

deanf

Exactly what would their cause be?

It could be any number of things. There's no way to know, just like there's no way to know that they didn't have any, because we don't know all the facts.

I can't believe I have to explain this to adults.

badey

You guys are amazing. How does anyone here know the police didn't have cause? Maybe they didn't, but we don't know that, so stop acting like it's an established fact.

Ok Columbo, when you get all of the facts and solve this case, let me know.

We are operating on the facts that the OP gave us (its not like the OP is some noob here trolling). If you want me to use legalese, I could have prefaced with, "If the aforementioned events did indeed occur as you allege..."

I have been here for much less time than you have (on this forum as a member), and have read many times when police have done things like this without cause.

deanf

The possibilities regarding how the police came to be there really are endless.

300 or so posts on an internet forum does not establish iron-clad credibility, in my opinion.

You guys do whatever you want, but so far your behavior in assuming the police did everything wrong, and the OP did nothing wrong, is unethical.

papa bear

well we do have the OP's word that he did nothing wrong. can you tell me what crime the police were investigating?

i they were not investigating a crime, why were guns drawn and why the OP handcuffed?

Now if there was no crime committed, than they arrested the OP improperly.

now waiting for further input

badey

The possibilities regarding how the police came to be there really are endless.

300 or so posts on an internet forum does not establish iron-clad credibility, in my opinion.

You guys do whatever you want, but so far your behavior in assuming the police did everything wrong, and the OP did nothing wrong, is unethical.

You are right, no amount of posts establishes iron-clad credibility.

I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the open carrier, especially after reading about some of the members on here being railroaded (skidmark comes to mind) by police abusing their power.

Perhaps I should have a healthier dose of skepticism toward the OP's story, but I don't think that is an ethical shortcoming.

Jeff Hayes

Ben

Call Richard Wall 1st thing in the morning, do not post anything more, do not talk to the police until you talk to Richard Wall or another qualified attorney.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Ben

Call Richard Wall 1st thing in the morning, do not post anything more, do not talk to the police until you talk to Richard Wall or another qualified attorney.

Don't post anything and call an attorney.

acmariner99

Geez, what has gotten into people these days. We weren't there, and we will know more as soon as the OP is capable of saying more. Get an attorney and nail these guys to the wall! Based off what we know ... there was absolutely no reason for this.

hammer6

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah. hold up.

it took the SWAT team 10 minutes to get there? really?

the only team i know that assembles that quickly is Ron Burgundy's...

GIFSoup

sirtirithon

I know the OP personally and can vouch for his credibility. What he says happened is what happened. The SPD needs to learn from this one, they crossed the line BIG TIME.

hammer6

I know the OP personally and can vouch for his credibility. What he says happened is what happened. The SPD needs to learn from this one, they crossed the line BIG TIME.

i know the cops personally- they said it didn't happen like that