• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekend Gang shooting.

Glock19fan

Saw this on CNN today and was shocked to not to see Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, The New Black Panthers screaming about this. Where is the outrage on this? The African American Community where are they at? I just dont get it. All of the innocent people that were killed, weres the outrage? Zimmerman killed Treyvon Martin supposedly in self defence, Al Sharpton and his cronnies blew up all the news outlets, almost starting riots, death threats were given, the NBP were wanting to start a race war...and the list goes on and on. Why the double standard? Where is the media? Once again I just dont get it. 8 killed and 52 wounded in a gang shooting. Freaking amazing.

www.chicagotribune.com/topic/crime-law.../gang.../02001009.topic

Dreamer

Reason #1: This is in Chicago. In Chicago, the perpetual threat of race war is part of the political process, and it a method the government uses to keep "the wrong kinds of people" from gaining any sort of social mobility, political power, or community cohesion. IOW, the government WANTS gangs to be "running the streets" because it keeps the law-abiding citizens in fear, and it frees up the LEOs to engage in shake-downs, expanding the police state, and engaging in revenue enhancement activities like writing tickets and arresting people for video-recording police brutality.

Reason #2: Rahm Emanuel (the mayor of Chicago) is a treasonous thug, and the son of a terrorist, so it would be against his family's "code of honor" to act against other thugs, terrorists, or enemies of the USA. Birds of a Feather, flock together, and all that.

Hope that explains it all for you...

Glock19fan

Reason #1: This is in Chicago. In Chicago, the perpetual threat of race war is part of the political process, and it a method the government uses to keep "the wrong kinds of people" from gaining any sort of social mobility, political power, or community cohesion. IOW, the government WANTS gangs to be "running the streets" because it keeps the law-abiding citizens in fear, and it frees up the LEOs to engage in shake-downs, expanding the police state, and engaging in revenue enhancement activities like writing tickets and arresting people for video-recording police brutality.

Reason #2: Rahm Emanuel (the mayor of Chicago) is a treasonous thug, and the son of a terrorist, so it would be against his family's "code of honor" to act against other thugs, terrorists, or enemies of the USA. Birds of a Feather, flock together, and all that.

Hope that explains it all for you...

Maybe your right. Trayvon Martin all sorts of outrage from the african american community but none with this. I just find it amazing.

ncwabbit

i am more concerned about the upswing of reported violence going on in Goldsboro over the last month and a half...there were 4 shootings just last sat night...

either better reporting is going on or...

wabbit

Dreamer

i am more concerned about the upswing of reported violence going on in Goldsboro over the last month and a half...there were 4 shootings just last sat night...

Wabbit-- this is an easy one...

Violent crime goes up when college student population goes down. I collated, studied, and charted 5 years worth of data from Greenville, Raleigh, and Charlotte for a paper on infographics I was writing when I was at ECU, and verified this pattern beyond question.

During the school year, the local thug-life has a steady income from all the pot, X and acid they sell to college students.

When the college kids go home for the summer, the cashflow from all those "freelance pharmacists" dries up, and the thugs and criminals have to find other methods of putting go-juice in their hoopdies, and putting bling-bling on their baby-mamas. So they start jacking each other, and sticking up locals at ATMs.

The "crime wave" in your city will peak sometime around the end of July, when it gets too hot for even the meth'd out thug-life to venture out doors at night, then will gradually taper off until mid-september, where it will level off at a low rate again, with small spikes at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and during Spring Break.

Thus it is, thus it ever was, thus it ever shall be in urban areas that are home to colleges and universities...

ncwabbit

thanks for the insight and would like to review your documents for my own edification...perhaps you will grant me that boon...

wabbit

Last edited: